Questions and info
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions and info

Member #

Questions and info

Greetings all! I live in western New York state. I own a 1974 650s. can anyone please tell me what oil they are using? Its getting hard to find 18 inch tires for this bike,what tires are you running? does anyone know of a front sprocket that will fit the 650 from another bike?? Forget benelli-bauer !! IF they answer you, they ship Eventual express. Ok now info. I'm not sure if any of you know this, any aftermarket exhaust for a early XS 650 Yamaha (ie 2 into 1) will bolt up to the 650s. Here in the states we have NAPA auto parts stores. you can get an oil filter. NAPA number 1309. Wicks number P1309. Great web site, Thanks All!!

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by weld it View Post
    Greetings all! I live in western New York state. I own a 1974 650s. can anyone please tell me what oil they are using? Its getting hard to find 18 inch tires for this bike,what tires are you running? does anyone know of a front sprocket that will fit the 650 from another bike?? Forget benelli-bauer !! IF they answer you, they ship Eventual express. Ok now info. I'm not sure if any of you know this, any aftermarket exhaust for a early XS 650 Yamaha (ie 2 into 1) will bolt up to the 650s. Here in the states we have NAPA auto parts stores. you can get an oil filter. NAPA number 1309. Wicks number P1309. Great web site, Thanks All!!
    I'm using 20/50 mineral oil,I bought tw o new metzlers from cross and in n.ireland,classic tread pattern.
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Member #
    thank you denH For tyres I went with metzlers also..... there are not very many choices left.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Graham Rose
    Member #
    I use Rock Oil Gamma and Baldwin P240 oil filter. Seems to work OK.

Member #
    Weld,

I live in Eastern Massachusetts. If you ever come East, let me know.

And I started a Groups page for Benelli, it's here: https://groups.io/g/Benelli-Motorcycles

Joe

Name
    Mark Hollingsworth
    Member #
    I got some Bridgestone BT45 for my 750 sei.

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Brid...s/m-14151.aspx

back when I owned a 650 Tornado (70s) I used Castrol GTX. Now I would use Mobil 1 motorcycle 10-40 if I had one.
    1978 Benelli sei, 1973 Benelli 250 SuperSport, 1968 Benelli Dynamo Trail, various OSSAs, Betas

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Its getting hard to find 18 inch tires for this bike,what tires are you running?
    Perhaps not the purist solution, but if it were mine, I'd buy some 17" rims & shorter spokes and re-lace the wheels.

I would have done that on my old VF750F, but the wheels aren't spoked. If I could have done that it would have been less prone to tank slappers, and I'd have fewer scars.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Member #
    [QUOTE=weld it;251821]Greetings all! I live in western New York state. I own a 1974 650s
    Use a front sprocket from a Yamaha xs650 will fit but you will need a spacer to pack it out a bit

Member #

benelli 650 parts

[QUOTE=Romaldo;252007]
    Greetings all! I live in western New York state. I own a 1974 650s
    Use a front sprocket from a Yamaha xs650 will fit but you will need a spacer to pack it out a bit
    Thank you, Romaldo ..... spacer is a piece of cake. I work in a machine shop. thank you again.

Member #
    I have a 1970 series 1 650 Tornado. I am now using Maxima V twin 20W50 mineral motor oil which is for air cooled motorcycles. I previously used Castrol 20W50 automotive oil but began having clutch slippage issues. The clutch issues disappeared after the oil switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors