654 Left Crankshaft Seal
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 654 Left Crankshaft Seal

Member #

654 Left Crankshaft Seal

I've run into a bit of difficulty whilst reassembling my 654.......The Seal supplied by Benelli parts is a 47x28x7....Which means the inner seal must run on the Rotor .....I'm wondering how the Hell to get the rotor in there with the seal correctly positioned.....
    It could be my lack of draught logic accelerator in this instance.

Any help much appreciated

J

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi,
    When I rebuilt my 654 engine I don't remember that the seal sits on the rotor. Perhaps the seal is the wrong size. I can't tell you what the correct dimensions should be, but here is a picture of the seal on my crank before I put the two halves together. I hope it helps.

Name:  Crankshaft Oil Seal.JPG
Views: 26
Size:  255.8 KB

Richard.

Member #
    Thanks Richard,
    Good pic............ Your seal looks like the correct thickness 8.5 mm....AND its not pushed in as far as I did my 7mm seal.
    The seal lip runs on the alternator when that is fitted so the seal cant be too far in... The seal just sits there without any positive locator.
    I found a Yamaha seal that's 8mm wide and have fitted that in much the same position as yours. It looks OK and so far no sign of the large leak onto my boot as per earlier..
    Meanwhile cant go far on the bike due to restrictions on Club Registered riding.... Apparently its not considered "Essential Travel" and I doubt I could argue the mental health benefits with mr Plod

Thanks Again

Sponsors