1973 650s tornado
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1973 650s tornado

Member #

1973 650s tornado

Hi there,

Im new to the forum and Benelli.

I recently picked up a 650s, black and silver. It’s in prity good condition and man, they’re better looking the flesh.

A few things I need to get sorted for a RWC here in Australia. Mirrors - the brakes and clutch leavers don’t have any holes for the screw in type, have tried the 7/8th bar end type but that didn’t fit. What are other people running? Also the indicators switch works opposite, ie left side of the switch down, the right indicator comes on. I’d hope it’s a simple swap around of 2 connectors but not sure where to start looking for this.

Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated!

Member #

Australian Tornados

Hi, I'm in Adelaide SouthAustralia and have been riding my Tornado more or less for 35years and have got to know them and the parts scene pretty well. Happy to help where I can but I didnt really understand the question about brake levers.
    Facebook has an active and helpful page for the 650 tornado called: "Benelli 650 tornado twin motorcycles, mottorader."
    This has instant contact with ownwers world wide.
    here is the link to the FB site https://www.facebook.com/groups/725953967531343/

my email if you want to contact me direct is [email protected] Good luck! romaldo

GBo
    Member #
    With the indicators do you have a warning light for each side and are they the wrong way around?
    i think he means the brake and clutch lever bracket doesn’t have holes for indicators.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for your response guys..

I found the service manual, which had helped with correctly adjusting the brakes. Also managed to sort indicators by swapping the wires around, left to right. Mirrors all go to.

Remoldo - thanks for the Facebook page your email. Are you still on the same tornado or have you had a few in 35 years?

Member #
    Remoldo - thanks for the Facebook page your email. Are you still on the same tornado or have you had a few in 35 years?[/QUOTE]
    I've collected another over the years and still have my original too. In the mid 80's I fooled around with post classic racing on a stripped down Tornado. The engine was responsive, willing and robust but the standard frame is disproportionately heavy for racing. As a 650 it is too big for the 500cc class and had to compete with 750, 850 euro bikes and oversized honda fours

Sponsors