mounting kickstarter inner parts 750 Sei
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sprocket

Thread: mounting kickstarter inner parts 750 Sei

Member #

mounting kickstarter inner parts 750 Sei

Hi guys,
    when I bought my Benelli 750 Sei the kickstarter was fitted but did not have any resistance. Searching the boxes I found the complete parts needed for fitting inside the engine so now I have all parts complete.
    Looking throught the hole from the kickstartershaft and examining the still to be fitted parts my hope is that these parts can be fitted with the oil pan removed. Can someone confirm this or do I need to split the engine?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mounting kickstarter inner parts 750 Sei-img_2333.jpg   mounting kickstarter inner parts 750 Sei-img_2331.jpg   mounting kickstarter inner parts 750 Sei-img_2330.jpg  

Name
    J Davenport
    Member #
    Hi. You don't have to strip the engine down to fit the Kickstarter parts. I did it recently as mine was making a noise. I had to take off the rhs cover, yours is already off though. The only awkward thing is getting the circlip on and off, especially on as you need to hold shaft in place. Good luck.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    My Benelli Sei is a 900. I'm still looking for the kickstarter.
    benellioldman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    thanks mr. italianbike!
    Today i tried to get it in but I could not get the kickstarter gear centered to get the shaft in while pushing the kickstarter gear against the opposing gear. The difference is a couple of millimeters. Trying to fit the shaft first and then moving the gear into place resulted in the shaft slightly pointing in an off direction and things getting stuck. My "guess" is the opposing gear is larger than the one from the 750.. Could it be possible that maybe a 900 gearbox has been fitted in the past and these have a bigger opposing gear?

Name
    J Davenport
    Member #
    Hi. The 900 sei didn't have a kick-start, so I'd assume that's not the problem. Do you have a manual to make sure you have all the parts?
    Honda 500 four parts are interchangeable, apart from the gear that engages in the engine, it maybe a Honda part. When I did mine, I trial fitted the parts first, without any springs to see how it worked and went together.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Italianbike View Post
    Hi. The 900 sei didn't have a kick-start, so I'd assume that's not the problem. Do you have a manual to make sure you have all the parts?
    I was being facetious.

Name
    J Davenport
    Member #
    I was replying to Mathh not you sprocket, did you not read the posts? Your 'humour' was probably lost on him anyway.

Member #
    Sorry mr Sprocket, indeed it was lost on me as I thought you were looking for kickstarter parts hahaha. Anyway mr Italianbike, I do have a manual and all parts are there. In any case a good idea to try fitting without springs first. And if there is a Honda part the engine needs to be opened anyway I guess. On what shaft is the opposite gear mounted, the output shaft? Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!
    Last edited by Mathh; 05-12-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Sponsors