750 Sei air box
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RichardJ
  • 1 Post By Sixpots

Thread: 750 Sei air box

Member #

750 Sei air box

Hi folks working my way through restoring an early series 2 750 Sei. Maybe manufactured late 1975. The black plastic airbox has weirdly deformed or melted on the top near where the breather pipe enters. Can't figure how it would have happened or if it is common. Probably still can use it but looks pretty ordinary. Anyone out there have one in good condition they want to part with? Cheers Deano

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi Mr Pots,
    Welcome to the forum. You don’t say where in the world you live. If you’re in the UK, your best bet is to contact Selwyn at “Selwyn Motorcycles”. He’s in Suffolk and there is nothing that he doesn’t know about Benelli sixes.

Richard.
    benellioldman likes this.

Member #

Air box stuff

Hi Richard thanks for your tip. I'm in Adelaide Australia - I'll check out Selwyn - my bike has been apart about 20 years and with the extra time at home due to the virus stuff I thought I'd better make a motorcycle out of a box of bits. Detlef has been a great supplier of parts. Am busting to just get the chassis up on wheels first - almost there! Motor was a good runner 20 years ago but used to jump out of second so I'll have to have a peep in the bottom to see whats up. Also need to sort a modern rec\reg and a decent retro looking fusebox - any tips? Waiting for a steering race from Detlef and she'll be a two wheeled vehicle again very soon! The airbox is really weird - looks like it has overheated and melted where the engine breather goes in and the top has slightly sagged and deformed - almost looks like a dud from the factory. Probably wont even be able to see it when fitted - but erm well- I''ll know it's not right! Keep the tips coming I need all the help I can get - Cheers Dean
    benellioldman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi Dean,

I had the good fortune to visit Adelaide a few years ago. I have a sneaky suspici0n that it could be your "warm" weather which has caused your airbox to deform.

I fitted an RR45 regulator/rectifier for my bike. It was easy to fit and works well. I got this from Electrexworld in the UK. Hopefully you can get these on your side of the planet. The only modification I had to make was to change the bulb for the charge warning light to one of a different wattage ( can't remember now if it was higher or lower ). I can't advise on ignition systems as my bike is a 654 and not a pro-per multi-cylinder bike like yours.

I know there are other 750 owners in Australia who visit this forum. I expect one of them will be along soon.

Richard.

Name
    Mark Hollingsworth
    Member #
    I had a sei new- there was a ‘recall’ for the gearbox. I was a dealer at the time and did the replacement parts myself. I no longer remember exactly what parts were replaced, but I believe one item addressed was popping out of gear.

No idea how easy new parts are now. I’ve had good luck getting most new parts for the 78 sei I’m restoring.
    1978 Benelli sei, 1973 Benelli 250 SuperSport, 1968 Benelli Dynamo Trail, various OSSAs, Betas

Sponsors