powerdynamo conversion
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By greatdane

Thread: powerdynamo conversion

Member #

powerdynamo conversion

Hi
    Wish my 2502c will give me some love,but amongst the clutch problem,i have started to install a powerdynamo kit to the bike,
    but,there seems to be a problem with the wiring instructions,this being the bike is wired up to be positive earth and not negative earth
    the instructions state conect the red wire from the rectifier to the pos side and the brown wire to earth or to the battery negative
    but you can see there is a problem in that the rectifier will be wired both wires to earth?
    they also state that the brown wire from the main unit must earth to the coil pack frame/mounting,again shorting it out
    has anyone here fitted a powerdynamo kit to their 2502c on this forum,
    i did wire up briefly as per instructions,not knowing that it was pos earth,and am concerned its damaged the kit somehow
    i have contacted tola tools who supplied the kit ,and they said we only sell the kit ,and not make it
    any help will be good here and hopefully help others out who want to fit a kit to their bike

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    I will be fitting a Power Dynamo system to my 250 2c so I am also interested in the reply. Seems the PowerDynamo instructions are sadly lacking on the wiring front.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by greatdane View Post
    Hi
    Wish my 2502c will give me some love,but amongst the clutch problem,i have started to install a powerdynamo kit to the bike,
    but,there seems to be a problem with the wiring instructions,this being the bike is wired up to be positive earth and not negative earth
    the instructions state conect the red wire from the rectifier to the pos side and the brown wire to earth or to the battery negative
    but you can see there is a problem in that the rectifier will be wired both wires to earth?
    they also state that the brown wire from the main unit must earth to the coil pack frame/mounting,again shorting it out
    has anyone here fitted a powerdynamo kit to their 2502c on this forum,
    i did wire up briefly as per instructions,not knowing that it was pos earth,and am concerned its damaged the kit somehow
    i have contacted tola tools who supplied the kit ,and they said we only sell the kit ,and not make it
    any help will be good here and hopefully help others out who want to fit a kit to their bike
    We only sell the kit !!!! I'm looking into fitting some make of electronic upgrade,I won't be beating a path to power dynamos door !!
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    We only sell the kit !!!! I'm looking into fitting some make of electronic upgrade,I won't be beating a path to power dynamos door !!
    Think this was the response of the seller of the kit, which was not Power Dynamo.
    Laurence

Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Member #
    Its a shame as the ignition side of the kit installs easy,its the charging side that causes the problem,the 2 parts or sides of it are quite seperate,i am pleased with the ignition part,but if the bike was normal and negative earth it would be an easy install.
    I am at the point of wanting to start bike up,which it can be,but i will have no lights or other items to ride on road
    i have sent vape/powerdynamo an email but no reply yet,
    i have tried to wire up the bike to be negative earth,but some wires get hot so there is obviously hidden things in the loom that prevent this happening
    the next step will be get an auto electrician involved,but that negates the easy install that the kit states
    wish i had never started it
    any one got access to a good wiring diagram for this bike

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurencewhite View Post
    Think this was the response of the seller of the kit, which was not Power Dynamo.
    In my business if you sell it ,you should know your product, can you not buy directly from power dynamo ?
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Member #
    Hi
    Ive tried emailing the factory twice about this problem,and guess what,no reply at all,it looks like i will have to get an auto sparks on the bike,i have tried lots of things to sort this out,
    i thought just doing the electrics as negative earth would sort this out,but youve guessed it ,there seems to be something hidden in the loom that does not like being neg earth,causing the wiring to get hot at the battery
    will keep you updated if i sucseed but dont look good at the mo
    think i will just ride my paso 906 and suzy 380 instead

Member #
    Finally got a reply from powerdynamo,they are looking into the problem
    as to the wiring,ive removed the complete loom,pulled it apart and tried to find why its saying positive earth,as i dont think its wired that way
    been thro it with a multi meter and i believe the ignition switch is causing many problems
    as the powerdynamo supplies the ignition direct and not thro switch,ive removed it from the loom,it only seems to earth out the ignition side stopping sparks from working,might be wrong but its gone
    going to fit the loom again next week and see what happens to it

Member #
    update on the powerdynamo wiring probs
    got all the electrics working 12v now off the new battery,the difference is amazing,its like a modern bike now,lights bright,indicators flashing nice and brightly
    not had engine running yet due to wait for the clutch plates from italy to cure the drag problems
    confident the bike will be totally transformed from how it was,dim lights and rubbish starting
    roll on spring/summer for some decent rides
    ron d and R Powell like this.

Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Good work.

You will need to do a write up after you get the bike running regarding the Power Dynamo install.
    Laurence

Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Sponsors