2c head light.
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2c head light.

Name
    DENIS
    Member #

2c head light.

Hi all,I'm looking for headlamp for 250 2c,the glass has Aprilia marked on it,does anyone know what model Aprilia uses same lamp,as I've searched internet under 2c and guzzi 250 ts, to no avail,any info appreciated.
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi,
    The Aprilia marking on the headlamp does not mean that it comes from an Aprilia bike. The headlamp on my Guzzi also has Aprilia on it and I have been told this is normal.
    I don’t know if that will help you to find a replacement, but hopefully it will save you from looking in the wrong place.

Good Luck.
    Richard.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    hi is like this one on ebay ?
    i looked at the numbers below the aprilia logo to find one
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Benelli-250...-/274037345706

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    My Benelli 250 2c has a Cev headlight, but I have fitted a new reflector that accepts h4 halogen lamps. This clips in the original chrome surround, I can’t recall were I bought it from. That head light in the eBay advert would be for lhd and reflect the wrong way !
    The 2c headlight is a standard size and I think you can buy them easily. My h4 halogen was a great improvement even on old 6v electrics!
    The Benelliman
    1981 Benelli Sei 900
    1989 Benelli Sei 900
    1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
    1981 Benelli 250 2c
    1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
    1992 Ducati. 907 ie

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by R Powell View Post
    My Benelli 250 2c has a Cev headlight, but I have fitted a new reflector that accepts h4 halogen lamps. This clips in the original chrome surround, I can’t recall were I bought it from. That head light in the eBay advert would be for lhd and reflect the wrong way !
    The 2c headlight is a standard size and I think you can buy them easily. My h4 halogen was a great improvement even on old 6v electrics!
    thanks guys

Member #
    The headlamp unit you describe as having 'Aprilia' on it was a product of the Aprilia electrical accessories company who also made indicator units, switches, and other electrical components for scooters and motorcycles. That company went out of business in the mid 1970s and so Guzzi, Benelli and the other Italian bike manufacturers changed over completely to CEV or sourced components from Europe or Japan. My 1975 Guzzi 250TS had an 'Aprilia' headlamp originally but 1976 onward versions had a CEV unit. The glass light unit is a standard 7" type but there are minor dimensional differences between the the Aprilia shell and the CEV shell so that the chrome rims are not interchangeable between the two shells.The Aprilia electrical company has nothing to do with the bike manufacturer except sharing a name.

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherBrian View Post
    The headlamp unit you describe as having 'Aprilia' on it was a product of the Aprilia electrical accessories company who also made indicator units, switches, and other electrical components for scooters and motorcycles. That company went out of business in the mid 1970s and so Guzzi, Benelli and the other Italian bike manufacturers changed over completely to CEV or sourced components from Europe or Japan. My 1975 Guzzi 250TS had an 'Aprilia' headlamp originally but 1976 onward versions had a CEV unit. The glass light unit is a standard 7" type but there are minor dimensional differences between the the Aprilia shell and the CEV shell so that the chrome rims are not interchangeable between the two shells.The Aprilia electrical company has nothing to do with the bike manufacturer except sharing a name.
    I'm looking for a headlamp shell as well,thanks for the info.

Sponsors