Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 750 vs 900 Six

Name
    Chris's Techno Parlour
    Member #

750 vs 900 Six

Hi all,
    I'm trying to understand why I feel the way I do about the sixes. I only bought my 900 because I prefer its looks to the 750. Perhaps I'm just an Eighties kid at heart - all that matt black, power dressing, bad haircuts and Athena art. The 900 has torque everywhere and no great surge of power like the 750 has when revved hard, people who ride my machine often seem to think there's something wrong with it and perhaps they're right. Its got plenty of poke though, and accelerates deceptively well. The riding position is pants for long distance work but the fairing does something. Fuel economy is good at 45+mpg about 10mpg better than the 750 its also a few pounds lighter. The dry clutch is rubbish and the starer clutch fails without the 750's back up kicker.

Now to me, the 750 looks like an unfinished special... there's something about the wide engine that makes the bike look wasp waisted. Along with the angle of the fuel tank and seat it looks like they come from two separate machines. For some reason it just grates like the way the angular front guard looks too big for the tires and mounted too high. Wire wheels are pretty and the rear drum keeps everything cleaner.

Which lights your passion or do you prefer something older?

Chris

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #

Thumbs up Classics ! Oh Yes !

Chris, I love the 750, the exhausts especially look the business matey ! Perhaps you like the 900 more because it blends nicely with your hair, nice gold wheels and lettering !

I think any Classic Benelli would be worth having !

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #

Smile Do you have one of these..............

BTW Chris, as I know you like your Classics, I think you ought to list the ones you have !

and do you have one of THESE !

Looks fun !

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Chris's Techno Parlour
    Member #
    Ta Rob,
    Six pipes do make a nice noise but what about removing the rear wheel when ya get a puncture? And there's all that extra weight!

Nothing quite like a twin port single is there? Why are pre war Benellis so rare? You could get 4 Panthers for that price. I blame WWII myself. Which would win in a race?

Chris

MCN Benelli Test Rider angledangle's Avatar
    Name
    Angus ......... Moderator :-)
    Member #
    I know what you mean about sixes Chris , i was brought up with the Honda CBX and Z1300 era and always loved the wide in your face mechanics of it all. Liked your Sei when you let me ride it because it was impressive in terms of impression it left !. maybe owning Classics are the way to go as they can be timeless depending on who's looking at them (i'm mid 40's so love the seventies/eighties metal - big Katana fan)

Name
    ferret
    Member #
    hi Angus i also love the six`s but i do love the look of those 6 pipes .My biggest passion though is the old 2 strokes ,when i rode my little nelli i was 17 all over again lol and the smell was awesome and its in the best colours too.

Name
    Chris's Techno Parlour
    Member #
    Show us a pic of your two stroke then my furry friend. I've got to see this colour scheme.

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #

Talking I know it's not a Benelli but.............. what the heck !

How about THIS one ! (turn the volume up ! )

a customer of mine had this in his lock up for over 5 year, may have been a lot longer. The head had seized and it was as rusty as F..K ! But my mate Alan, formerly known as my mobile Benelli mechanic, has had a play with it and this video is of the first time he started her up since the rebuild, although still a wee bit of work to do it's looking and sounding pretty good !

Name
    Colin
    Member #
    Have to say Chris for me, on looks alone, its got to be the 750. However I have not ridden either, and looks aren't everything so the 900 may well be a better bike. Sadly both are pretty pricey so I doubt I will ever have the spare cash for either.
    Benelli Tornado LE #128
    Benelli 254 (in bits!)

Name
    ferret
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoboy View Post
    Show us a pic of your two stroke then my furry friend. I've got to see this colour scheme.
    i will post some soon as i can find them on this new laptop lol

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Sponsors