A "new" Benelli 750 Sei in the Forum
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A "new" Benelli 750 Sei in the Forum

Member #

A "new" Benelli 750 Sei in the Forum

Hi everybody. Nice to introduce you my "new " Benelli 750 Sei. A bike that has always fascinated me and a perfect partner for my TNT ("its grandmother").
    Some time ago I wanted to increase the Benelli family and I get mad looking for a Benelli Sei. I have not stopped to investigate trough the net until find it . It was in a remote village, quite uncared but with few miles, and almost complete. So last week I went to get it with a van.
    I want to left it perfect, and painted in the original red colour, but I'm going to take patience since there is much work to do.
    Here there is just delivered (quite ugly) in order to show the rebuilding progress: https://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/..._benelli750sei

I will appreciate any information or advice of this bike.

Cheers!

Carles

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #
    Lucky you, allways good to see some Classic's on here,

Nice one,

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Congrats Carles

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    ROBFM and Lee,
    thanks guys. Although the bike is operative, there is a lot of work to do...
    I will post the improvements.

Cheers!.

Carles

Name
    Chris's Techno Parlour
    Member #
    How are you getting on with the 750 Carles? My 750 build is taking a lot of work but It's getting there.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoboy View Post
    How are you getting on with the 750 Carles? My 750 build is taking a lot of work but It's getting there.
    Hi Tornadoboy. Nice to hear about a 750 sei owner, is great to know I´am not alone .
    Until now the build its going quite well -more room than in the TNT to operate...-, but a lot of work too...
    Now I have it quite cleared (carbs, airbox, etc.), and I have a long list of parts to ask for.
    Next steps would be to upgrade the entire electrical circuit and start painting the frame. I would like to paint it by parts because I have no planned to remove the engine. I´am looking for a good frame paint in spray, but don´t find it here in Barcelona.
    Do you have pictures of yours?, I would like to see your improvements and to know what is giving you more work.
    I´am posting the pictures of the works here. Just now posted the last ones:

https://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/..._benelli750sei

Well, we keep in touch. Sure we can improve contrasting our experiences.

Cheers.

Carles

Name
    Chris's Techno Parlour
    Member #
    Hi Cales

I'll try to post some pictures. I guess you know Enrique Martinez from the Benelli Club of Spain, he has all the parts you'll need.

My machine was a very early disc brake Benelli Quattro from 1974. I'm trying to make a copy of the series one Sei which had a Marzocchi front fork. So far I have completely stripped the frame and welded on the extra lugs for the early ignition switch and the third coil. I then had to make and weld up new side and centre stand levers to clear the 6 pipes. I got the frame, disc carriers, stands, swing arm etc powder coated by a company called Triple S in Bingley who specialize in paint for classics. The new fork is installed but I have to make some spacers so that the front wheel will fit in the wider fork. The Fuel tank and side panels are at the painters. I have to make a new bracket for the front mudguard to fit the new forks and work out how to rivet it back together so it looks like new. I think I will use stainless steel for the bracket because chrome plating is too expensive. The wheels have been assembled with new spokes using one new Borrani rim on the front and an Excel on the rear. They need tightening and straightening. It was really hard to find the rack of 3 carbs but eventually a friend kindly offered me a set a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure there will be more difficulties but at least I'm putting it together again now.

I think there are about 60 750 Seis in the UK so it is not such a rare bike!

All the best

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoboy View Post
    Hi Cales

I'll try to post some pictures. I guess you know Enrique Martinez from the Benelli Club of Spain, he has all the parts you'll need.

My machine was a very early disc brake Benelli Quattro from 1974. I'm trying to make a copy of the series one Sei which had a Marzocchi front fork. So far I have completely stripped the frame and welded on the extra lugs for the early ignition switch and the third coil. I then had to make and weld up new side and centre stand levers to clear the 6 pipes. I got the frame, disc carriers, stands, swing arm etc powder coated by a company called Triple S in Bingley who specialize in paint for classics. The new fork is installed but I have to make some spacers so that the front wheel will fit in the wider fork. The Fuel tank and side panels are at the painters. I have to make a new bracket for the front mudguard to fit the new forks and work out how to rivet it back together so it looks like new. I think I will use stainless steel for the bracket because chrome plating is too expensive. The wheels have been assembled with new spokes using one new Borrani rim on the front and an Excel on the rear. They need tightening and straightening. It was really hard to find the rack of 3 carbs but eventually a friend kindly offered me a set a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure there will be more difficulties but at least I'm putting it together again now.

I think there are about 60 750 Seis in the UK so it is not such a rare bike!

All the best
    Really that´s a great work, congratulations. Mine is easier because it was "ready" to run when I bought (one month ago). However, it has been rather neglected and needs lot of work to make it look like new. But I can say until now the work is quite grateful.
    Yes, I know Enrique. Now I am persuading him to buy a modern Benelli ... Tell me if I can help to clear any doubt with him. Actually I have referenced most of the parts in benelliparts.de and planned to buy a used front light and front mud guard to Enrique, but if he has all the spare parts, may be is cheaper. I will check.
    Only 60 in the UK makes them still more special, more than rare!. In Spain was sold around 500 or so -then it was one of the few brands able to be imported-. But now very few must remain -never have seen one in years-.
    Good luck with your project and hope to see soon photos.

Carles
    Last edited by tucandugu; 02-10-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Name
    BENELLI MARTIN 900 SEI
    Member #
    Hello, a big work to do.

For the parts you can try

Benelliparts.de, a serious bayer.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GEORGES View Post
    Hello, a big work to do.

For the parts you can try

Benelliparts.de, a serious bayer.
    Thanks Georges. I have a long list for benelliparts.de