Tripmeter knob
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tripmeter knob

Member #

Tripmeter knob

Question for 750 sei owners (and maybe 900). Can anyone tell me how the tripmeter reset knob is attached? Mines missing and I'd like to replace the bit of rubber hose I have fitted at the moment with something nicer. Found this in my Guzzi shopping and wondered if it would fit.

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=86

Both Veglia speedos so surely there can't be too much difference? From what I've read, the Guzzi knob screws onto a left hand thread in the gauge so if the Sei is the same, I'll email the shop and ask (they have a couple of knobs with different numbers)
    76 Benelli Sei, 76 Guzzi Lemans, 79 Guzzi Lemans, 79 Kawasaki z650, 98 BMW F650, 08 Suzuki DL650

Name
    richard m
    Member #
    thats the only bit that is broken on my sei .well the black bit missing not the shaft . i broke it off yrs ago thought nothing of it untill this post .. now where could i get just the black end ?

Member #
    Doc,
    That looks like the correct item. As I recall they are LH thread. Also the same as on my Quattros. I got an original some years ago from Detlef Burian who stocks quite a bit of second-hand parts and the Euro is favourable at the present time.
    Ian

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    On mine the knob came off and i was able to push a small rawl plug on the shaft to act as a knob, worked for years.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies. sent a query to them I'll keep trying.
    76 Benelli Sei, 76 Guzzi Lemans, 79 Guzzi Lemans, 79 Kawasaki z650, 98 BMW F650, 08 Suzuki DL650

Sponsors