Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rick67

Thread: 899 Trek - Spares or Repair.

Name
    Martin Marmoy
    Member #

899 Trek - Spares or Repair.

I've finally given up on my 2011 Trek with only 10k miles on it. I've owned her for 5 years and been all over Europe on her enjoying every minute. However 3 years ago she started to hold back at mid range revs but if I changed down a gear she'd pick up and fly off superbly again. Then she started to get difficult to start from cold but no problem after that. Now she just wont start af all. Bennetts have confirmed the ECU works when put on another bike so it doesn't seem to be that. I've dabbled at trying to find out the problem but have now given up and will be putting it on ebay very soon. If you're interested I can send pics. I also have separately a full set of great condition Givi keyless panniers and top box plus the Givi tank bag with frames for sale. If you want to make me offers on either of these two items these let me know. The bike itself cosmetically very nice with a new rear tyre and battery.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    I know you've owned her a while but have you ever opened up or physically checked the side stand switch for problems.
    inside or for continuity at the switch... You'd be amazed at how that thing disturbs things .
    I'm only saying as I had a recent problem with my bike and it was driving me nuts , like you I'd checked everything I was about to buy new coils injectors fuel pump etc... Then found it was just the switch not making a solid connection due to a tiny spring inside being a little too weak to make a decent connection.

Worth a look if you've not already done it .
    Kevin S likes this.

Name
    Martin Marmoy
    Member #
    Thanks for that Rick. Would the engine still turn over in that event ? Mine spins freely with sparks.
    M

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Well Mine spun over but didn't start ... It was bloody annoying !! ... It's easy to check as on the back of the stand switch it has an inspection cover screwed on .
    I'm not sure if it just cuts the spark or injectors. Either way it did my head in until I found it .
    It had something to do with a weird resistance value being sent to the ECU rather than a clean make or break circuit.

GBo
    Member #
    They can be temperamental bloody things check if you have a spark and fuel. If you can put tuneecu on it and see if there is anything obvious through that. I might be interested if you are selling it. But don’t be in too much of a rush it could be something simple.

Sponsors