Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By houlster

Thread: 2008 Amazonas, Arizona USA

Name
    Dan
    Member #

2008 Amazonas, Arizona USA

Selling my 2008 Benelli TreK Amazonas 1130. It's been a blast, but it's been replaced and it's time to go.

Asking: $7000 obo
    Located in Phoenix, AZ

This has been my ADV mule for many years, but has been replaced with a 1290R and just doesn't get ridden much. I've had it about 9 years and made several upgrades for it. I still have the original footpegs, exhaust, bars, etc so it could be returned to stock if wanted.

2008 Amazonas
    ~26,000 miles (instrument cluster replaced at 22k)

Upgrades:
    HDB top clamp / hand guards / mirrors / signals
    ROX risers
    ProTaper bars

Most of these are 'custom', only because you can't buy it...

Heated grips
    Tubless conversion for the Excel wheels
    Footpeg conversion. ~2" lower and beefy mounts (KTM compat)
    Side luggage racks for Rotopax / bags. You can use saddlebags with or withough the rotopax. The rack has additional supports down to the custom footpeg mounts to re-inforce the subframe for heavier loads.

Hydraulic clutch conversion OEM manual clutch was *very* heavy. This one is as light as it can get while still having the travel needed.

Complete catless, high-clearance header (~1.5" more clearance)
    HD skid plate
    Crash bungs (pretty much just for road use)
    Gutted / rebuilt muffler

Bottom of oil pan sump is now 3/8" thick AL. (pushed my luck on riding w/o a skid plate just a little too far...)

Re-inforced side stand (put bolt in double shear)
    Tail tidy
    Ignition coil converstion (Triumph 1050)
    Upgraded, 12-hole injectors
    DNA air filter
    Several SAE 12v pigtails for accessories, tank bag, trickle charger, etc.
    USB on handlebars
    Heated gear co-ax pigtail

Comes with:
    A large crate of parts. Mostly OEM take-offs
    Brand new replacement frame
    TuneECU cable
    A few custom tools I've made to make servicing the bike easier
    Service records & notes I've made over the years

The bad:
    Frame cracks. The TreK was known to develop a frame crack on a particular engine mount on the early models. This one was cracked when I bought it (though it wasn't disclosed). I chose to weld the crack and re-inforce the engine mount. That was 15,000 miles ago, before any of the ADV rides and you can't see where the crack was unless you're looking for it. Benelli did send me a brand new frame but I never even un-wrapped it. That frame will come with the bike.

Headlight & instrument cluster both suffered from OEM defects. Both have been replaced with new, updated parts.

Fuel economy isn't the greatest. OEM tunes just weren't that great. I've hit 40 MPG tooling along slowly 50 - 60 mph. But normal is mid 30's, and low 30's if you're really flogging it. TuneECU cable is included. If you have the means, it's wide open for proper tuning.

The good:
    This bike is a hoot and I still love it's looks & uniqueness. There's probably less than a dozen of these that ever made it to the U.S. It was my ADV bike for the CDR, a couple BDR's and several week-long ADV rides around Colorado. The under-seat exhaust makes for a narrow back end, even loaded with RotopaX & saddlebags.

Miles are pretty low. I've always had a street bike & didn't ride this much outside of our big ADV rides every summer. Other than a few local day rides, most of the rest of the year I was working on the next upgrade for it.

The rear TKC has 500 - 700 miles on it. The front TKC is about half gone. I have a new one still wrapped that will come with it.

I also have an old set of new 90/10 type tires as well that will come with it if you want. Full Bore? Maybe? Not sure.

Chain / sprockets (+3 rear) have 5k - 6k on them.

My brother was looking at this bike when I bought it. We do our big group rides together every year and he has been very jealous of it ever since. He's building a house and can't buy it. Make your brother jealous too!

Few pics, but full album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Law8pkGn4oD2rokT7

ron d likes this.

GBo
    Member #
    Wow sounds like a shame to sell it, a bit like losing a kidney. You have had some adventures on that thing. Nice

Name
    Dan
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    Wow sounds like a shame to sell it, a bit like losing a kidney. You have had some adventures on that thing. Nice
    Pretty much, yes. I've been dragging my feet with it for nearly 2 years, but finally need to see it go. Lotsa good memories on it though.

Sponsors