Immobiliser removal
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Immobiliser removal

Member #

Immobiliser removal

After deciding to keep the RS to the dismay of friends, family, pets, etc. I tried to get her started the other day....flat battery.
    so I managed to get her jumped and moving, but when I tried to put a new battery in, the immobiliser wouldn't shut up! It's a datatool evo, I now understand it was factory fitted?!
    So I thought bin it, they are more trouble than they are worth.
    I have taken it to a local bike garage, who now don't want to even attempt the job after seeing it's all cabled inside the wiring loom, and their suggested auto electrical place won't go near it either.

Any suggestions?

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    Hi there are other previous posts on here about removing it? It's a crap alarm that deserves to be run over by a steam roller! Easy to remove and makes the bike so much more desirable to ride.
    The Benelliman
    1981 Benelli Sei 900
    1989 Benelli Sei 900
    1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
    1981 Benelli 250 2c
    1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
    1992 Ducati. 907 ie

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmojo View Post
    After deciding to keep the RS to the dismay of friends, family, pets, etc. I tried to get her started the other day....flat battery.
    so I managed to get her jumped and moving, but when I tried to put a new battery in, the immobiliser wouldn't shut up! It's a datatool evo, I now understand it was factory fitted?!
    So I thought bin it, they are more trouble than they are worth.
    I have taken it to a local bike garage, who now don't want to even attempt the job after seeing it's all cabled inside the wiring loom, and their suggested auto electrical place won't go near it either.

Any suggestions?
    if its the same as the datatool junk i removed it's simple.
    Trouble is i don't want to tell the whole world how to isolate it.

Pm me with proof that you own the bike and i'll send you details of how it was removed on a trek
    WERA689 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Steve
    Member #
    I had a Meta M357T-V2 installed on my Tornado and decided to remove it when the battery finally died. I tried un-successfully to get info from either Matt at Bennetts and Peter Mouncer the 'Bike Alarm Man' on what to do. So I decided to remove it myself. I started to trace back the black wires from the two plugs back to the main wiring loom before realising that they were factory installed and gave up. I bit the bullet and spoke to the guys at Abacus Car Alarms who sold me an alarm bypass plug for £45 that replaces the alarm system.

If you have an 18 pin black plug and a 2 pin white plug that connect into your alarm unit, then send a PM and I can tell you which pins to link out.

Member #
    This is the immobiliser, I have no idea where the plug is?! The cable are all inside the original wiring loom but this is the actual unit.
    IMG_4433.JPG

Member #

Im in!

I have managed to get into the immobiliser, whats next!
    IMG_3033.JPG

Member #

Fixed!!!!!

I took her over to Kings Two Wheel Centre in Kidlington, Oxfordshire. They are a data tool fitter (Apparently they remove more than they fit these days.) and the Chap there used to work on and sell Benelli's years ago. Safe hands!!

Long story short, she is fixed!! Apparently it seemed to almost have two alarms as it had the Gem originally and then a retrofitted Datatool, lots of black wires everywhere!!

But thank you Kings ready for a MOT and insurance for our really late summer!!!!
    ron d likes this.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Thats brilliant news .. I Bloody hate alarms they always seem to fcuk up when you really dont want them too..
    So there'll be one more Benelli on the streets soon then 🙂

Member #
    Hey guys in the process of ridding my tornado of a Datatool S4 red, got it out but a bit unsure what to plug where now, can't get a blanking plug because my bike does not seem to HAVE an alarm connector cause the thing is hardwired into the loom but I can read diagrams well enough that if someone would be kind enough to PM me what pin to hook with what I could get back on the road again, proof of ownership can be provided if need be. Thanks!
    2003 Tornado TRE #467

Member #
    Think I figured it out. I wont say what pins and beginning from what pin but can someone confirm or decline my deduction that it is four pins in consecutive order connected one way or the other?
    2003 Tornado TRE #467

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors