Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bruceculver
  • 1 Post By Emempee
  • 1 Post By bruceculver

Thread: Noob Question Here...

Member #

Noob Question Here...

Hello all! New member here... sorry if this is a mis-post. I have a chance to get a smokin' deal on a new TNT600. Been looking for something "different" to add to the stable for a while and this seems to fit the bill. Just wanted to get thoughts from any current owners... chronic service issues, pros/cons, etc... My current rides are all mid-size Japanese bikes (some vintage, some current). Any input? Seems like some folks don't regard the QJ Benellis as "real" Benellis. Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Hi,
    Is an Aprilia shiver chassis, with a 2004 Yamaha R6 engine.
    A friend has one, and he is very happy with it.
    As far as I know, not issues to report.
    I've tested it a for a few kms, and to me it was very like the Yamaha XJ6, very smooth and comfortable and good cycling.
    Regards,
    Marco

Enviado desde mi SNE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcool View Post
    Hi,
    Is an Aprilia shiver chassis, with a 2004 Yamaha R6 engine.
    A friend has one, and he is very happy with it.
    As far as I know, not issues to report.
    I've tested it a for a few kms, and to me it was very like the Yamaha XJ6, very smooth and comfortable and good cycling.
    Regards,
    Marco

Enviado desde mi SNE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk
    Thanks Marco. Embarrassed to say I could not figure out how to reply to your response. Lol. Ended up getting the bike and I've been having a blast on it. Want to make a few small changes but I'm sure it will serve me well for years to come.
    yamahamad likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Maurice Picart
    Member #
    Hope you are enjoying your Benelli 600, I bought mine used about the same time as you and whilst itís not as quick as the others in itís class it makes up for it with character. I was dubious about it being Chinese made and not a real Italian job but I have to say it is well screwed together. Itís fast enough to make good progress and fun in the twisty bits, only down side is the weight although not a problem once on the move. Iím a bit short so for me it is quite tall so Iím going to mod the rear shock by 15mm to lower the seat height. Since I bought it Iíve changed the fork oil seals, given it a full service including taking the throttle bodies off to give them a proper clean out and this improved the bike no end. Iíve also converted it to hydraulic clutch which makes the action smoother and lighter. Also fitted a gear indicator as in town riding was difficult to keep track or what gear I was in. Riding the bike always brings a smile and wherever I go it gets looks and comments as itís different and not common. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
    ron d likes this.

Name
    Mohit
    Member #
    I am using benelli from like 2 years and it is a very smooth and comfortable motorcycle.
    This is a yamaha r6 engine and you know Yamaha, known for reliability and high quality parts.
    No issues yet and i am very happy with the bike. Please consider this option, you will not feel bad. I am a very happy owner. To know more about the bike check my signature. I have tortured it on long rides and potholes too. Please have a look and decide yourself.

Member #
    Thanks all for the additional replies. Really enjoying the bike... My first "new" purchase in quite a few years and my only fuel injected bike. Really hoping to upgrade the exhaust but haven't found anything that matches the factory settings and without a carburetor I'm lost as to how to "re-jet" as no one in the US seems to have the ECU software.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fredzedex likes this.

Member #
    Not seen one of those, if it goes as well as it looks its a good bike

Sponsors