BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion

Name
    Maurice Picart
    Member #

BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion

Just completed a hydraulic clutch conversion to my 600 as was fed up with bad cable adjustments and sloppy cable fit. So found cheap parts on AliExpress, clutch master and slave cylinders and braided hose, total cost 37$. Had to take my throttle bodies off as they needed cleaning out, so this gave me the room to fit the slave and braided line. System bled and all worked as should with nice smooth clutch action at the lever (definitely a little lighter). Also took the opportunity to fit a digital gear indicator (17.50$), hopefully this will stop me trying to find a 7th gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion-1d302b58-9723-4de2-8c3f-baa5aeaff9ff.jpeg   BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion-ba2ae18e-f9f8-471c-803c-99e91d76a459.jpeg   BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion-35b00c43-54ca-4cb7-986a-a516b7f7f4ef.jpeg   BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion-ee4a09ab-bd34-4a77-9ddc-d413d977435f.jpeg  

Name
    Mohit
    Member #
    I can totally relate to the 7th gear issue. This is what i need to. Will you please tell me the procedure and from where you bought this indicator.

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bigm View Post
    I can totally relate to the 7th gear issue. This is what i need to. Will you please tell me the procedure and from where you bought this indicator.
    Me too! I'd buy one.
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Maurice Picart
    Member #
    So simple to fit, this replaces the neutral indicator switch just above the gear change shaft. Firstly decide were you want to fit the display head and then route the wiring behind the front trellis frame and bring the sender switch to were you will replace the neutral switch. Remove 2x8mm bolts and pull the old unit out (there will be leakage but very minor) remove the o’ring from the old unit and put on the replacement switch as it doesn’t come with a new one. Fit this back into its housing. On the harness there are 2 single black wires outside the loom, the one from the display unit needs to go to the 12v supply wire to the front brake master cylinder switch, it is a long wire so you may want to shorten it. The second black wire from the sender unit is a 12v feed and I cut the original feed wire to the old switch, soldered and heat shrink on the joint ( the original wire goes to a single connector behind the frame, just follow the wire and you’ll find it. I disconnected mine and then cut the wire and soldered the new one to it so I still have the connector in the line. Job is done in 30 minutes, just make sure you have the head unit the right way up, I used double sided tape to attach under the speedo. This one cost me $18.53 with free shipping worldwide, pm me if you want a link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion-28e12ccf-705c-4847-bfed-c99e9d4a8e75.jpeg   BN600j hydraulic clutch conversion-a21daf13-7392-42fa-a9fe-a647cdd26cfa.jpeg  

Sponsors