• 1 Post By Engenia
  • 1 Post By R Powell

Thread: newby sunshine coast australia

Name
    ken taylor
    Member #

newby sunshine coast australia

hi all

i have just purchased a non running 2014 trek 1130 amazonas and am interested in speaking with aussy owners and anyone else who might have usefull information on electrical diagrams for the later models. i have the workshop manual for 2009 version 1 this is not the wiring i need mine has the athena ecu.

when i turn on key i have park lights/indicators/horn and brake lights nothing else no instrument panel despite power going to it all switches checked and good.

the bike is in very good condition otherwise and looks if it is low kilometer.

anyone have experience with buying parts for this bike???
    thanks
    ken

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    G'day Ken. I've worked on a mate's TreK 1130, but never with its wiring. I don't know if the Athena and Walbro ECUs are the same connector-wise, but the sensors they connect to would be.

What you describe sounds suspiciously like the safety system has triggered. The Tornado has a tip-over switch which also cuts everything, including the dash (IIRC), if it triggers. Not sure if the TreK has a TOS.

Parts in Oz can be procured from MV Agusta Paramatta, or, even better, from Alex at Maniac Motors in Germany. Alex and the gang all speak English, and if you ask him for a quote you'll find his prices quite reasonable. I've been dealing with Alex for 10 years or more.
    ron d likes this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    ken taylor
    Member #
    thanks for that errol

yes i am suspecting a safety cutout,there is a tip over sensor i have had it out and apart so i will now check the wiring around it

it is very frustrating not having the correct wiring diagram as i must confess i enjoy pure mechanics more than electronics. i have tried to acess the information through benelli aus without much luck so far but i live in hope as 50 years in the industry has thought me that good will and happy owners are the best advertisment available.

i see you are a long time benelli owner with good milage on a triple, i hope i can catch up at some stage as i am looking forward to making the amazonas into the bike it should be, looking at the plugs i can see getting the fueling right will be my next step

i had a benelli 250 2 stroke twin back in the 70s when i worked in london and had a motobi 250 supersport horizontal single 4 stroke i bought in the 80s in new mexico which i took back to aus and sadly sold
    thanks again i will keep you posted
    ken

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kentaylor View Post
    yes i am suspecting a safety cutout,there is a tip over sensor i have had it out and apart so i will now check the wiring around it
    Here's the Tornado Safety System schematic
    Name:  Tornado.Safety.System.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  68.1 KB
    The RS is slightly different in its connection to the TOS. I have an Altium schematic of it, but no jpg as yet. I could create it if you would like to see it. Both are Sagem ECUs.
    The 1130 Tornado is Walbro.
    I haven't traced out the systems for the Walbro 1130s and haven't seen that for the Athena ECU
    have tried to acess the information through benelli aus without much luck so far but i live in hope as 50 years in the industry has thought me that good will and happy owners are the best advertisment available.

i can see getting the fueling right will be my next step
    Others have been there before, so provided that you can upload a map to the Athena, this should be relatively painless.
    I have an Axone, but the maps it has are old and I don't know how to add new ones. Don't even know if it will talk to Athena. I've really only concentrated on my Tornado.
    Texa, will have a diagnostics unit that will do it, but it will be pricey.
    I understand that TuneECU doesn't talk to Athena, but Alaine, the developer, may be convinced to get it running.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    Hi Ken, good luck sorting out the bike my Tornado once stopped because of water in the side stand switch!
    you Aussies make me laugh 😂 with the title of your post The Sunshine Coast! currently it has rained here for the last month
    . I think when I do a post in future my title will be The Heavy Rain Country!😂
    Welcome to the world of Benelli!
    ron d likes this.
    The Benelliman
    1981 Benelli Sei 900
    1989 Benelli Sei 900
    1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
    1981 Benelli 250 2c
    1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
    1992 Ducati. 907 ie

Name
    ken taylor
    Member #
    thanks for the encouragement guys, i found a wire terminal (pin 4) broken on the map switch button but even with that reconnected i am not any further along in seeing power to anything else
    are all the tip over switches wired the same as mine when put in the logical position has no contact the contact is made in fall over position ?

anyone out there ever seen a late (2014) wiring diagram it must exist somewhere the wiring colours are different to the fuses and relays on mine to the 2009 series 01 manual

back to the multi meter for now

ken

Name
    ken taylor
    Member #
    hi all
    great news the benelli snarls again. it turns out that somewhere along the line someone not only removed the fuses ,but also the cap with 2 bridges in it on the white connector block below the fuses!!!! wierd.i have a theory on why that happened to do with the bike coming up in the auction system.

what i have learned from this is what a usefull thing a forum is THANK YOU ERROL.also a big THANK YOU TO MANIAC MOTORS IN GERMANY (ALEX) WHO WITH NO MONEY CHANGING HANDS SUPPLIED ME WITH THE SOLUTION QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY. EXCELENT GUESS WHERE MY BUISNESS WILL BE GOING NOW.

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE I WOULD LIKE TO CALL OUT BENELLI AUSTRALIA (URBAN IMPORTS) FOR THERE ABSOLUTE DISINTEREST IN HELPING IN ANY WAY. THIS BIKE WAS IMPORTED BY THEM SOMETIME IN 2014 AFTER 50 YEARS OF WORKING IN THE MOTORCYCLE INDUSTRY ON 3 CONTINENTS I SUPPOSED I HAD SEEN THE WORST OF MY PROFESSION.
    URBAN IMPORTS EITHER IMPORTED A BIKE THEY DID NOT HAVE THE INFORMATION TO SELL AND SERVICE OR THEY SIMPLY COULD NOT BE BOTHERED LOOKING AFTER A CUSTOMER . CRIMINAL NO MATTER WHICH WAY YOU LOOK AT IT, STILL NOW THAT IT IS RUNNING I WILL HAVE LOTS OF OPERTUNITY TO TELL MY STORY.

i must also say that rose at my local benelli dealer scooter style did her best trying to get blood from a stone, thanks rose

im off for a ride now hope to catch up with aussy benellists on the road

ken

Sponsors