Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ianh
  • 1 Post By StingerWolf

Thread: Starter Relay Position

Name
    Yat Fei Leong
    Member #

Starter Relay Position

Could anyone tell me where is the started relay located for Benelli TNT 1130 century racer? Is there any guide to replace it?

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    It may be in the same position as mine on my tre k , if it is it'll be just next to the alternator on the right looking at the bike side on .
    I think from memory it's a similar part as a Yamaha TDM 850.

All the info you may need is on Errol's web site . A top source of information from the man himself 🙂 .
    http://www.engenia.com.au/09_Electri...rterRelay.html

Member #
    Yes, it's next to the alternator.

When mine went I bought an aftermarket relay to fit a Yamaha WR450F and it was nearly identical to the original. Cost was only $27 AU so it was cheap as.

The only difference between the original and the aftermarket solenoid was that the starter and battery connections were reversed. This is worth checking if you replace the starter solenoid at some point because it won't go if they are the wrong way round.

The other gripe I've had with this solenoid is that the fuse holder only contacts the fuse on one side of each blade. Over time this has lead to a melted fuse from arcing.

This is the layout of the original factory solenoid
    (the battery, starter and main fuse location can be reversed on some aftermarket solenoids).

Name:  12296d1458025437-06-tnt-starter-issue-solenoid.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  38.3 KB
    The TnT service DVD is now on You Tube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLUiKULlIBo

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Yat Fei Leong
    Member #

Thank you so much

[QUOTE=mikew124;248673]Yes, it's next to the alternator.

When mine went I bought an aftermarket relay to fit a Yamaha WR450F and it was nearly identical to the original. Cost was only $27 AU so it was cheap as.

The only difference between the original and the aftermarket solenoid was that the starter and battery connections were reversed. This is worth checking if you replace the starter solenoid at some point because it won't go if they are the wrong way round.

The other gripe I've had with this solenoid is that the fuse holder only contacts the fuse on one side of each blade. Over time this has lead to a melted fuse from arcing.

This is the layout of the original factory solenoid
    (the battery, starter and main fuse location can be reversed on some aftermarket solenoids).

[/Name:  12296d1458025437-06-tnt-starter-issue-solenoid.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  38.3 KBQUOTE]

Thank you so much for your help. The last time I started my bike, It got started for 2 times. After that I can only hear the click sound when I push to start button. I suspect it may be the solenoid faulty. I plan to replace it and see what happen.

Name
    Yat Fei Leong
    Member #
    Thank you so much. I found that Alibaba.com is selling the part indeed. I'm not sure is it working. I'll give it a try.

Member #
    Replaced the one on my tre with a tdm850 part and all good since.
    Symptoms were that it would sporadically need numerous presses of the starter before getting a reaction. Eventually it failed completely and no end of fingering the button made any difference. Bit like being married for 30 years....
    ron d, Engenia and StingerWolf like this.
    Pre Benelli, ZR50SL, RS100, BMW R50/5, RD400, CB350K4, GPZ550, CB900, 750 KATANA, GSXR750, FIREBLADE, TL1000S, 955i Daytona, GSXR 1100L, GSXR1000K6.....

Now; 2003 900 Tornado, 2008 900 Tornado, 2009 CR 1130, 2010 1130 Tornado...and the diesels...Ducati 848 for when four italians are not enough... a 750 srad ....when 5 italians are too many.......and now an '81 Katana......for those mid life crisis days....

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ianh View Post
    ...Bit like being married for 30 years....
    Maybe a little bit of wd40 can help here, too?

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk

Sponsors