O2 sensors
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: O2 sensors

Name
    Dan
    Member #

O2 sensors

Been working with Tuneecu again trying to get my Amazonas running a little better. Trying some different tunes & getting erratic behavior. I think my idle trim (CO) is jacked. I don't have WB at the moment so I figured I'd just turn the closed loop feedback off. Adjust the CO & watch the o2 sensor voltage in tuneecu till it started bouncing back/forth over .5v to get a baseline.

Well, my o2 reads 1 to 1.2v. Pretty much all the time. So I'm thinking my o2 and/or the wiring is jacked. Go to the TreK workshop manual to check the o2 5-pin connector for the pinout and it says this...

The Lambda probe is able to detect the concentration
    of oxygen inside the exhaust gas; precisely the
    lambda value indicating the ratio between air and
    petrol, where:
    • Value 1, when combustion is stoichiometric
    • < of 1, when petrol is in excess
    • > of 1, when air is in excess
    Huh? Just... '1'? Is that volts? That makes no sense. Should be from about .2v to .8v. But now I'm wondering about what tuneecu is telling me.

Does Benelli use some kind of weird nb o2 sensor? I've never heard of one that DIDN"T read .2 - .8 volts.

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by houlster View Post
    Huh? Just... '1'? Is that volts? That makes no sense. Should be from about .2v to .8v. But now I'm wondering about what tuneecu is telling me.
    Does Benelli use some kind of weird nb o2 sensor? I've never heard of one that DIDN"T read .2 - .8 volts.
    That's lambda they're talking, not volts. Lambda = 1 is stoichiometric. Its a convenient scale because stoich' is 1 for all fuels.
    The actual voltage you get is dependant on the sensor.

TuneECU is either talking lambda or AFR
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Dan
    Member #
    Ah, yeah, thanks. That makes more sense. I'll double check, but yeah, tuneecu must be showing lambda then. In the TreK manual, it just says '1'. They must be talking about it's view with axone or something? I was thinking voltage again.

Sponsors