Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sprocket

Thread: Tre-K centre stand

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #

Tre-K centre stand

Just wondering if I've got the only Tre-K in the world with a centre stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tre-K centre stand-centre-stand-1.jpg   Tre-K centre stand-centre-stand-2.jpg  

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Great Photoshop skills Cam ... My Trek has enough room for two cans of coke and four sandwiches in the storage under the seat too 😁

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Ha ha, it's not photoshop. I wish my photoshop skills were that good, but I don't even have the software.

While my photoshop skills are non-existent, I do have some basic steel fabrication skills. It's actually a real stand that I made a few months ago.
    It pivots on a little sub-frame that's mounted across the bike, bolted to the footrest bracket mountings on each side. It works quite well and doesn't affect cornering clearance. I'm not too bothered by its appearance because I think functionality is more important for things like removing wheels, lubing the chain, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tre-K centre stand-centre-stand-3.jpg   Tre-K centre stand-centre-stand-4.jpg  
    Laurencewhite and Hussar like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    I'm with you all the way on function over form when it comes to practical things .
    I toyed with the idea of a centre stand too but I was going to attach mine to the swing arm at the front cross section just by the shock linkages .
    I'll roughly put a sketch together one day , I'm convinced it'll work ....

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Attaching a stand to the swingarm might work, but I reckon it would hang down too far when retracted. I presume you'd need to weld attachment points to the swingarm too, which I wouldn't be keen on doing to my bike.

The good thing about using the footrest mounts is that it's a completely reversible bolt-on solution that doesn't require any molestation of the bike itself. The stand folds up well out of the way too.

I thought about making a few and putting them up for sale, but I doubt I could charge enough to make it worthwhile. The prototype took a lot of mucking about to figure out the shape.

Sponsors