Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dazz
  • 3 Post By linuxyeti

Thread: Hi - New owner here

Member #

Hi - New owner here

Hi All

I've just joined, as I'm due to recieve my Imperiale 400 on Thursday. I'm guessing I could be in the minority on here, but, I do like the look and feel of it. I've had a Royal Enfiedl Bullet, and a Mash 400 in the past. I also have a Hyosung ST7 and a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. Oh, and I'm based in the West Midlands, any other Benelli riders nearby?

Name
    paul
    Member #
    Hi & welcome, i will be interested to here how you get on with the imperial, nice looking retro bike

Member #
    Hi, will do I'm looking forward to riding it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
    Hi All

I've just joined, as I'm due to recieve my Imperiale 400 on Thursday. I'm guessing I could be in the minority on here, but, I do like the look and feel of it. I've had a Royal Enfiedl Bullet, and a Mash 400 in the past. I also have a Hyosung ST7 and a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. Oh, and I'm based in the West Midlands, any other Benelli riders nearby?

Welcome along.

I'm originally from the west midlands, close to the NEC, oddly I also have a Hyosung, a GV650 I'm just in the middle of painting most of the plastic chrome

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    Welcome along.

I'm originally from the west midlands, close to the NEC, oddly I also have a Hyosung, a GV650 I'm just in the middle of painting most of the plastic chrome
    The bikes obviously attract a certain type of rider :-) I do like my Hyosung, getting parts can be a bit drawn out, hopefully, no so much the case with Benelli

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    The bikes obviously attract a certain type of rider :-) I do like my Hyosung, getting parts can be a bit drawn out, hopefully, no so much the case with Benelli
    I wouldn't bet on it
    linuxyeti likes this.

Member #
    Hi All, well, I decided, even though the HPS125 was a cracking little 125, it was just a little too cramped for me, so, I sold it, and bought a Benelli Imperiale 400, which arrived today ! Woohoo !! Gave a quick covering of corrosion blocker, give it some protection from the copious amounts of roadsalt here, and took it for a spin of about 40 miles, around some of my familiar roads, over to Halfpenny Green & back, not necessarily the shortest route !! Haha. Ensuring I don't go above 4000rpm, whilst I run it in, having said that it will happily sit at 55 just under 4000rpm, so, no great hardship. First impressions, I love it, reminded me of everything that was so good about my Bullet 350, and, nothing of anything that was bad. Gear changes are nice & smooth, decent pickup, handles the farm tracks, minor roads perfectly well, very comfortable. I think I've finally found the perfect stablemate to my other 2 bikes 👍 Now, I've just got to wash the mud assorted gunk off it !! Anyhow, here's some photos from today's little familiarisation run.
    Hi - New owner here-benelli_imperiale_400_2019_20200129_01_blakelands_near_halfpenny_green_3.jpgHi - New owner here-benelli_imperiale_400_2019_20200129_02_halfpenny_green_airfield_1.jpgHi - New owner here-benelli_imperiale_400_2019_20200129_03_halfpenny_green_1.jpgHi - New owner here-benelli_imperiale_400_2019_20200129_04_boycott_arms_1.jpg
    fredzedex, R Powell and GBo like this.

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    Cracking looking bike. I did a couple of parachute jumps at halfpenny green airfield a million years ago

Member #
    Hi All

I've just joined, as I'm due to recieve my Imperiale 400 on Thursday.
    Good introduction to the bike, it came early then?

Member #
    Hi, Halfpenny Green, had a flight from there, and, it's quite a nice ride out. :-) And, yeah, it arrived a day early !

Sponsors