How about a section for the new Benellis?
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How about a section for the new Benellis?

Name
    ChopperCharles
    Member #

How about a section for the new Benellis?

I came to this site because I took a test ride on a TNT300 and loved it. Now the 302S is out in the USA, which has more displacement, more horsepower, and wider rims. I've been really considering that, just putting money together so I can pay cash.... and now SSR looks like they'll be releasing both the TRK502X and the Leoncino 500 (unfortunately not the trail version) in the US within a month or so. I've had my eye on the Leoncino Trail, but never thought it'd make it to the 'states. And it didn't, but the regular Leoncino will, and that might be close enough for me. I'm really excited about the whole Benelli lineup, and intend to buy one before the fall. Which one, I'm not sure of yet, either the 302S or the Leoncino.

Also, not a NOOB, this will be my 21st motorcycle in my life. I've just always liked a bike right around 40-50 hp with a relatively light curb weight.

Charles.

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    There are no new Benellis!!!....................................... .................................................. ................ They stopped making them when they transferred manufacturing to China.
    NM-1 and StingerWolf like this.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Frode Hagemo
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurencewhite View Post
    There are no new Benellis!!!....................................... .................................................. ................ They stopped making them when they transferred manufacturing to China.

Agreed, but what about the statement that the new mid size Trek is going to be designed and developed in Italy all together?
    Is that a real Benelli?
    Though, probably going to be built in China anyway

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

GBo
    Member #
    I don’t think it matters too much. Most things or parts of them are built in China. It’s the circle of life, countries grow everyone gets greedy, lazy or complacent then they fade. Just enjoy the bike and hopefully there will be people on here that can support you when things don’t quite work the way they should, it is a benelli after all. Let’s face it we like that sort of thing or we would have bought a Honda.
    ferret and fredzedex like this.

No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    For what it’s worth, I think it’s a good idea to have a Chinelli section

Fred

here's to another year of Benelli riding

TNT 899 (2013)
    Tornado 900(sold)
    MV F4 1000 (2010)
    TNT 899s (sold)
    Tornado 1130 (sold)
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.(sold)

Name
    ChopperCharles
    Member #
    From what I understand, moving production to China actually made Benelli's MORE reliable. Which is good.

The new Benellis are what interests me. The 302S and Leoncino Trail are unlike any bikes available in the USA right now. They fill a niche that no other brand or manufacturer does. If this forum won't support the new Benellis, I'll start one that will. (I used to own and manage cx500forum.com and tw200forum.com). But this seems like a much better place to keep all the Benelli info together on one website.

SSR is releasing the Leoncino 500 and the TRK502X soon in the USA, and that's a big deal. There are already a lot of interested parties, but they're spread out over different sportbike forums and even on ADVRider. I think you'll get a lot of new members if you did have sections for the new Benellis.

Charles.
    fredzedex likes this.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    I also believe the new benellis are good for the brand especially if it helps keep the important parts supply going.
    I rather like the new 752s and the leoncino trail 800 .

I love my tre 1130 k I've owned her for just under 3yrs the longest I've ever kept hold of a bike !

I can't see any new versions of these large capacity bikes coming to market any time soon so for many the 302's 500's and 800's will be perfect .The finish on them is pretty decent too .
    Rick

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    From what I understand, moving production to China actually made Benelli's MORE reliable. Which is good.
    Can't deny that China manufacturing is probably more reliable but these new bikes don't stir the soul like the previous models. They just seem to be lacking that Italian flair. (albeit designed by an Englishman)
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    Can't deny that China manufacturing is probably more reliable but these new bikes don't stir the soul like the previous models. They just seem to be lacking that Italian flair. (albeit designed by an Englishman)
    Yep, totally get that. Apart from the 752s, I probably wouldn’t be interested in them. However it would be good for the forum to have a Chinelli section. New people and all that, gotta be a good thing?

Fred

here's to another year of Benelli riding

TNT 899 (2013)
    Tornado 900(sold)
    MV F4 1000 (2010)
    TNT 899s (sold)
    Tornado 1130 (sold)
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.(sold)

Name
    ChopperCharles
    Member #
    See, I disagree. I took a test ride on a TNT300 last year. I LOVED IT. It fit me perfect. The grip-to-seat-to-peg ratio was spot on. It was big enough for my 250 pound frame. It had PLENTY of power - far more than the Kawasaki 250 Ninjas I used to own. It was light and nimble and handled well, and the exhaust note was stunning. I've never had such a huge smile on my face after a test ride. The motor pulls, then pulls some more, and then keeps pulling. It doesn't run out of power. It doesn't feel linear or docile.The motor is "eager" for lack of a better term. It's small, but it's not boring. Somehow Honda made a 500cc motor that feels like it can't get out of its own way, even though reliable and technically perfect it may be. It's boring, docile, and forgettable. Benelli on the other hand made a far smaller 283cc motor that feels EXCITING. That's something I've been missing in my moto-life for some time.

Long story short, that dealer wanted far too much in added fees on top of the MSRP, and they only had red, not the (far sexier) white, so I held off... and then Benelli released the 302S. More displacement, more horsepower, wider rims, and only 8 pounds difference. Yes please!

So I'm lusting after that, but my heart really belongs to the Leoncino 500 Trail. And... now SSR is bringing the Leoncino (non-trail version) out here too (along with the TRK502X) in the next month or so. I'm excited.

I've owned 20 motorcycles. (legal, registered, and insured. More if you count the projects in my garage). For me, 50hp is the sweet spot where I'm happiest. +/- 10hp around that is where I like to stay. I did the big powerful thing in my youth. Got myself a V65 Magna and rode it like an idiot, hitting triple digits on highway on-ramps and generally riding like a one-wheeled hooligan. But as I matured I didn't need to measure my dick against my motorcycle anymore... and I found I was actually happier on a CX500. Lighter, more forgiving, and I could out-ride the bike, instead of being on a machine that was clearly more capable than I was.

Then the 90s came. The big four stagnated. Honda went from making innovative engine designs to churning out soulless machines that while technically perfect and remarkably smooth, had no character whatsoever. And that continued on through present day. Suzuki released a couple of interesting (and hideous - see the Gladius) bikes over the years, but nothing to make me bite. Nothing from Kawasaki really stirrs me. The Z900RS is nice, but it's bigger than what I want. I want something light and eager, with a respectable - but not ludicrous - amount of power. I thought I really wanted a Yamaha SCR950 Scrambler back in 2017... so I bought one, and have been utterly bored with the thing. It looks great but the motor is uninspiring and it drags hard parts in every corner. I also think a fully-loaded school bus might weigh less.

It's taken the Chinese and the Indians to make bikes that I am excited about and actually want to buy. The CSC RX4, Genuine G400C, the Benelli 302S and Leoncino 500 Trail, the 650 Interceptor from Royal Enfield, these are the bikes that have my attention right now. They don't weigh a metric ton. I can flat-foot them all. I can do a u-turn in a lane and a half with any of these, feet up, no problems. If one starts to fall over, I can save it. Because it doesn't weigh that much. (Try that with my Yamaha SCR950 and you'll launch a disc through your jacket and into low earth orbit). The benellis in particular have something about them that plucks a string in my soul. Something inside me vibrates when I see the 302S in photos. And it plays a heavy metal riff when I watch the promo video for the Leoncino.

AND I have experience with SSR, the US importer of Benelli. GOOD experience.I currently own a 2017 SSR/Italjet Buccaneer 250i. (Bike #20). I was so uninspired by my Yamaha SCR950 that I was barely riding, having put only 3800 miles on in 2 years. I bought the Buccaneer on whim, because the styling was exceptional, the fit and finish was good, and it FIT ME. (It didn't hurt that it was $3200 out the door!) The service I've gotten from SSR has been *EXCEPTIONAL*. Any part I needed they had to my dealer in a week. Any time I had a warranty issue, it was fixed without question. Even stuff I was sure would be a wear item, they replaced. (my shifter linkage became wobbly, I never lubed it when I took delivery. They didn't bat an eye, just replaced it). SSR is the Benelli importer in the USA, and I've had such a good experience with them with my Buccaneer, that I'm actually not just willing to buy another bike from them, but excited to. I don't think I've ever been treated better by a motorcycle company.

So maybe these new Benelli's don't stir your soul like the old ones did. But they're stirring my soul far more than anything the big players are making right now.

Charles.
    GBo, fredzedex, ron d and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors