TuneECU - Page 14
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: TuneECU

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    yes thanks Daz i have lowered it but id prefer 90 but i think 96 is the lowest just wondered if someone had an idea about getting it lower
    1982 Z 750 L2, 2008 Aprillia Tuono Factory V2 Gold Wheels, 2002 Tornado Tre LE #81, 1992 Suzuki GSXR 1100 7/11 Street-fighter Magazine Bike of the year 2004

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    Mine went lower than 96, but I was told it needs to be kept in the right temperature range for it to run right.

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    Mine went lower than 96, but I was told it needs to be kept in the right temperature range for it to run right.
    Exactly so. You only want the fans to cut in once the thermostat is fully open, plus the hysteresis, in a properly designed system. You don't want the fans running when the thermostat is partially closed.
    The problem with lowering the fans cut-in temperature is that it also lowers the cut-out temperature. Too low and once begun, will only stop when the ignition switch is turned off.
    There is a hysteresis of 4 - 5 degrees. Why they made it so broad i have no idea. One degree would have been fine.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Haydn Davies
    Member #
    thanks Errol, im not overly concerned so much about lowering the temp when the fan cuts in now, what i have done is manually altered the race map to create what youd call on a carb'd bike of retarding the ignition, this reduces power (not a BHP Hunter anyway)
    and ignites some un-burnt fuel in the exhaust and will pop the occasional flame on slowing, the only downside to this i can see on a road bike, is if you have an exhaust valve it can be destroyed after a couple of thousand miles, but as the Tornado dosent have one
    i cant see an issue
    From the video you can see on free flowing roads the temp even on acceleration didnt rise much above 75deg, when i stopped in traffic it got to about 85deg but soon came down once moving again, ill keep running it like this see how it goes (Not that im going to be doing
    hundreds of miles) but i do want a working bike that if re sold someone will have a little faith in

many thanks H
    1982 Z 750 L2, 2008 Aprillia Tuono Factory V2 Gold Wheels, 2002 Tornado Tre LE #81, 1992 Suzuki GSXR 1100 7/11 Street-fighter Magazine Bike of the year 2004

Member #
    just for info, the tuneecu works perfectly in the Athena ECU, no problems at all.

***please stop spreading that the tuneecu wont work on athena ecu.
    StingerWolf likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JJdeHaan View Post
    Hello, I read a lot off information about Tune Ecu, with walbro, sagem ecu....
    I resently buy a 2012 TnT1130 Century Racer butt this have the Altena ecu
    So can works tune Ecu the latest version also with Athena Ecu??
    I have many problems with my bike and would like to check it with Tune Ecu and I have to buy and wait for the cable set I need for the downloaded Tune Ecu software butt can this work with Athena
    ecu?
    YES it does!. i got a 2015 tre899k with athena and tuneecu works flawless, so, just buy the kit from lonelec and go have some fun
    Last edited by Arbm15; 03-20-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Name
    Jeroen
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbm15 View Post
    I have many problems with my bike and would like to check it with Tune Ecu and I have to buy and wait for the cable set I need for the downloaded Tune Ecu software butt can this work with Athena
    ecu?
    YES it does!. i got a 2015 tre899k with athena and tuneecu works flawless, so, just buy the kit from lonelec and go have some fun
    Thanks for the info
    I have buy all cables there is from lonelec incl. Bluetooth obd connector and will try it when I am back to my bike.

I buy all available cables and connectors because on my island we have different benelli drive with different Ecu and a Lott off problems butt they can not repaired, I would like to try to help them.

I download also all maps from tune Ecu for benelli butt don't know wich map I go use for my bike.

First I try to get my bike running good with the original map and maybe I must change the map butt first with the original map
    I have a open air filter, open exhaust, with katalisator butt would replace it with a de-cat pipe with lamba connector.

First thing I go do is change the coils and the sparks, synchronise the throttle body's and must do the reset tps.
    Also I must change the CO.

Butt for now I can not do anything because I am 9000km away from my bike. Only buy a lot off parts 😉 here in Europe.

Thanks for confirming that tune Ecu works good with Athena Ecu.
    Save me a Lott off cost for don't buy a new Ecu

Saludos
    Jeroen
    I
    Last edited by JJdeHaan; 03-21-2020 at 03:56 AM.
    GBo likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbm15 View Post
    ecu?
    Thanks for the info
    I have buy all cables there is from lonelec incl. Bluetooth obd connector and will try it when I am back to my bike.

I buy all available cables and connectors because on my island we have different benelli drive with different Ecu and a Lott off problems butt they can not repaired, I would like to try to help them.

I download also all maps from tune Ecu for benelli butt don't know wich map I go use for my bike.

First I try to get my bike running good with the original map and maybe I must change the map butt first with the original map
    I have a open air filter, open exhaust, with katalisator butt would replace it with a de-cat pipe with lamba connector.

First thing I go do is change the coils and the sparks, synchronise the throttle body's and must do the reset tps.
    Also I must change the CO.

Butt for now I can not do anything because I am 9000km away from my bike. Only buy a lot off parts 😉 here in Europe.

Thanks for confirming that tune Ecu works good with Athena Ecu.
    Save me a Lott off cost for don't buy a new Ecu

Saludos
    Jeroen
    I
    Mira Paisano, escríbeme al ws y te oriento un poco, aquí en Chile trajeron un bojote de benelli de estas y han logrado hacerlas rodar de manera normal y bastante confiable.

Igual en Ccs hay un grupo de benellistas que también le meten mano fuertemente.

Hablame y ahí te explico: +56956748655

Pd: como extraño Margarita, Maduro CSM
    JJdeHaan likes this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Sponsors