TuneECU - Page 3
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TuneECU

Member #
    If you teach me something I can do everything safely. I already have cable because I used the service. I also Wideband AFR. I'm not totally naive.

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    I loaded the latest version of TuneECU but it didn't look like it is able to test a few things on my TNT that I was able to test with an earlier version on my Tornado. (i.e. fuel pump, cooling fans, purge control valve, etc)

It's no big deal but I wondered if anybody else can test these on a TNT in v2.3.3

Also, has anybody been able to get v2.3.3 to work with an RS232 to USB cable on a TNT?
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    I will test the new cablesets on Friday and I will test every Version of TuneEcu I have with USB/RS232 and without the adapter so we will see where the problem is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    hi lawrence

got a cable set coming from stinger which should get today or tomorrow, got the latest tuneecu loaded on netbook ready, so yeah i can give it a go and see if someone doesnt beat me to it
    If carlsberg made forums.... Benelli forum probably the best forum in the world!!

Name
    Dan
    Member #
    I was wondering about the tests as well. None of them seem to be enabled yet for my Amazonas either. You can reset TPS, Idle Fuel Trim & Global Inj correction though.

On the plus side, using TuneECU I have figured out why I have the bad intermittent stalling when I let off the throttle. Was watching things last night while I started & let the bike idle. The TPS was bouncing between 0% - 6% without touching the throttle. The bike idled, but it was kinda lumpy.

As it warmed up, it got worse. Then I blipped the throttle a couple times and when I let go, the TPS started bouncing up into the 40% - 55% range (with the throttle closed) and the bike died. Kept working the throttle open/closed and the TPS was not matching the throttle position much at all. Sometimes when closed, it was reading 30% or more. Sometimes as I was closing the throttle, TPS would go down to 0%, then climb back up to 5 or 6% by the time it was closed.

Kept this up for a minute or so trying to find a pattern and all of a sudden it just started working again. TPS followed throttle position accurately again & the bike started & idled fine.

My Amazonas gets incredibly horrible mileage. Low 20's MPG. I'm hoping a new TPS and tune will help that a good bit.

--Dan

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurencewhite View Post
    Also, has anybody been able to get v2.3.3 to work with an RS232 to USB cable on a TNT?
    It worked but it depends on the USB/RS232 converter. I have tested 3 different converters. 1 worked without any problems simple plug & play, another one gets connected but if you start the engine TuneEcu crashed and antother converter was faulty.

I talked to a friend of mine and he meant there is another solution for this converter problem. He will made a direct cable USB/AMP and this should work on all systems same way without any driver or Hardware problems.
    He will send me more informations if he has tested it.

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Cheers Stinger. Were you able to test the fans, fuel pump, etc. on the latest version of TuneECU or were these options greyed out?
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    Cheers Stinger. Were you able to test the fans, fuel pump, etc. on the latest version of TuneECU or were these options greyed out?
    good question we were so concentrated to get a connection that we forgot to test these points. The main problem was the netbook (with Win XP) of my TNT buddy we couldn't get a connection with this peace of shit with my old Dell Laptop (with Win XP too) from anno 1812 I had no problems. Good old stuff

Name
    Dan
    Member #
    I'm using an Iomega GUC232A that I've had for several years. It works with no issues on my Amazonas.

--Dan

Name
    Robert
    Member #
    Hello
    I have a problem with my TNT Sports 2006 (no lambda), which consumes a lot of fuel (about 13.5 litres/100 km) I want a simple way to change the engine operating conditions. I have a standard configuration (flaps, exhaust valve, the original exhaust).
    I do not know to modify maps, so I changed the beginning of the TuneECU parameters "Idle Fuel Trim (CO)" (A) and "Global Inj. Correction" (B).

Standard setting was:
    - In Power mode (TnT)
    A) 1.055
    B) 1,000
    - In Ecomony mode:
    A) 1.055
    B) 1,000

Currently, after the change I have:
    - In Power mode (TnT)
    A) 1.055
    B) 1.094
    - In Ecomony mode:
    A) 1.102
    B) 0.961

After the changes: Power Mode noticed a significant improvement in the culture of the engine and the engine speed goes willingly. In Economy mode, the reduction in B decreased idle, so they compensated by an increase in A.

I had no clue how these changes will affect the future operations and whether or not I made a serious mistake, which is to result in faster wear. I ask you experts on the analysis of my changes.

The second question concerns the exhaust valve maps. If I load one of the maps available on tuneecu.com valve will continue to work or remain permanently open.

greetings
    robert

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Sponsors