tunecu "reset adaption" problem?
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slip

Thread: tunecu "reset adaption" problem?

Member #

tunecu "reset adaption" problem?

Managed finally to put an 1130 map on a friends 899 ecu (for an 1130)

Got a bit confused initially as the lonelec cable being a usb i assumed it had to connect using usb in the menu "interface" with the appropriated drivers when in fact it has to be com3 as it's a virtual port.

Finally everything went according to tunecu help , download was successful, told via screen to turn ignition off and remove 2 pin link plug. (this was in contrast to the written stuff which said switch ignition off first and then remove 2 pin link plug.

Tps was then reset.

Reading the blurb I assumed I had to then "reset adaptions" but I can't seem to get this part to go "live" i.e go from slightly greyed out to active for clicking on.

Am I right in trying to reset adaptions or do you just run the bike so that the lamba sensor and the map alter according to the new map and engine throttle openings.

Confused and frustrated

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by slip View Post

Finally everything went according to tunecu help , download was successful, told via screen to turn ignition off and remove 2 pin link plug. (this was in contrast to the written stuff which said switch ignition off first and then remove 2 pin link plug.
    nice one Slip ... now i'm confused isn't that the exact same step,

im sure i mentioned somewhere mine connects on com port 3 too.
    i've never seen the Reset adaptations message maybe you've got a newer version of tuneecu.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    nice one Slip ... now i'm confused isn't that the exact same step,

im sure i mentioned somewhere mine connects on com port 3 too.
    i've never seen the Reset adaptations message maybe you've got a newer version of tuneecu.

I think what's happened is that the tunecu docs that I took off the tunecu site seemed to jump from Benelli to triumph and the way the pages have printed onto another sheet it gives the impression that it was for the Benelli .
    Looking back over it with hindsight it's referring to a triumph.

I think i'll try and edit all the bumf so that it only relates to Benelli.

Must be then that in Benelli mode the reset adaptions does not occur.
    Back to school for me.

Nice learning curve , which once you get the hang of it with the proper lonlec cable seems to work well. The one thing I did notice was that the lonelec 9pin cable adapter has flashing lights that mimic the menu on tunecu but are far easier to keep eye on as to what is happening regarding connection.
    Rick67 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #

Ahh..

Ahh.. i see now .
    i'm so glad i just dived in head first with using the Tune Ecu software without reading the online or in fact any written instructions. i think i saw a couple of YouTube clips back when i had the bike first, but they were in italian ..
    im now running my Trek on the power mode using the latest TNT 1130 full power map and the `non power mode` .....is still a full power map off a modified dyno run from a member off this forum from Oz both of which i put together within the TuneEcu software onto my Ecu. i must say i rather like the TNT 1130 map the best and get between 40 to 42 mpg mixed riding speeds all within the national limits of course.

Member #
    just one final question , when turning the ignition on and off when following the instructions on the screen , do you wait for instance ten seconds as seen in some triumph tunecu videos.

for example in the triumph at 8min 10secs in video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hE2GnnqWWE&feature=player_embedded) they were doing tps reset , ignition off (for ten seconds ) then back on.

Only video one i could find that was in english

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Slip,
    I just turn mine on or off as required without waiting really.
    never had any problems myself but it may be good practise to wait who knows eh 😉
    I was tempted to get the Android version of TuneEcu but that works via Bluetooth I think more things to complicate it .....maybe

Name
    Dan
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    im now running my Trek on the power mode using the latest TNT 1130 full power map
    So which one is the 'latest'? The tuneecu doesn't indicate anything like that.

And did you use that actual tune? Or just copy the fuel/ignition maps into a Trek tune?

Sponsors