map question?
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: map question?

Member #

map question?

don't laugh

With the 2 position power button on the trek do you load for instance one tunecu map with button pressed in and set that one up and then do the same but with the button out for the other map?

Bit confused because when we downloaded a 1130 map to a 899 ecu it appeared on the screen as if there were two maps and bike appeared to start with both the button in and out. (899 has only one map and no power button)

Next daft question is , do you only reset the tps once for one 1st power setting or do you repeat again for the 2nd power setting

thick runs in the family i'm afraid

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Hmm..
    If you've no power button on your bike you'll only be able use one map out of the two installed. Which one that'll be out of the two I don't know .
    TPS only needs setting once as it's only in regards to the intake flaps .
    You can edit the maps within the tune ecu software to double up the best map for your bike copy and paste method when displaying the block numerical values not the line graph display .
    Good luck .
    Rick

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    Hmm..
    If you've no power button on your bike you'll only be able use one map out of the two installed. Which one that'll be out of the two I don't know .
    TPS only needs setting once as it's only in regards to the intake flaps .
    You can edit the maps within the tune ecu software to double up the best map for your bike copy and paste method when displaying the block numerical values not the line graph display .
    Good luck .
    Rick
    no, the ecu was taken from a 899 which has only one map
    fitted the 899 ecu to the 1130 which means we want 2 maps

what I don't understand is when I look for instance at map trek401 as shown in 2 screenshots , one shows a map "0"other is map "1"
    They are both from map " trek 401 " which I assumed is a single map . Is this me being really stupid as map 0 and map1 have different values so I take it "trek 401" map is a 2 setting map already? or is it back to school

map question?-map-0.jpgmap question?-map1.jpg
    Humour me or show me a cliff to jump off

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Lol... Your ok it's a right faff.
    It's a single hex file containing to map settings . The fueling parts look similar to me here but it's all about the ignition timing they can differ a lot making a vast difference.
    Trial and error I'm afraid . I've made a hex file for mine with the tnt 1130 power map and a modified Dyno run power map from here somewhere 👍

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
    Lol... Your ok it's a right faff.
    It's a single hex file containing to map settings . The fueling parts look similar to me here but it's all about the ignition timing they can differ a lot making a vast difference.
    Trial and error I'm afraid . I've made a hex file for mine with the tnt 1130 power map and a modified Dyno run power map from here somewhere 👍
    I think I see where i'm getting confused from.

The two screenshots were using the "f" trim which when toggled between map 0 and map 1 shows the screenshots I posted.

However when I toggle between map 0 and map 1 using the "I" trim which is below the "f" trim in the menu , map 0 and map 1 stay the same.

what does the "f" stand for that it shows different maps in the screenshots.

From what I've said, I take it that the actual map when downloaded is actually the "I" trim map as it has only one set of values?

This is like digging a hole and watching it fill with water and trying to empty it with a teaspoon while you wait for heeeeeeelp

Only other question is , when loading a map onto the power button option, do you need to have the button pressed in or out to accept that map. I.e in for full power map , out for low power map when downloading from tunecu

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Slip.
    F is fueling . I is ignition timing ..
    f trim I wouldn't touch at all no need .
    Button out light on full beans map if installed.
    button in would be a softer map if it's installed . .
    Your right it's a bit of a lottery knowing what's what .
    And it all depends if your bike has relevant mods done to the intake and exhaust for pre made maps by others . Trial and error.
    My advice would be to get it on a Dyno if your not sure if it's lean or overly rich for a look see and tune as required.
    As to the last question the ECU accepts the download as two maps button in or out doesn't come into play , you then decide which one you when your riding via the button . It can be done whilst moving unless your cranked right over in the Twisties and need two hands 😉

Regards Rick
    Last edited by Rick67; 04-27-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Member #
    thanks , that clears a lot up

Sponsors