Desperate for help
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Desperate for help

Member #

Desperate for help

Hy I have a Motobi Imola RS50 2014 and ive lost my keys. Does anyone have or know where I can purchase an ignition lock and a seat lock or is there an alternative lock I can adapt to fit. I have looked everywhere. The dealer who sold the bike has gone out of business and I am finding spares are getting like hens teeth. Yet its a good bike Please help Regards

Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #

Member #

Desperate for help

Quote Originally Posted by RobShed View Post
    Hy sorry Im in Rotherham South Yorkshire. Yes Ive tried Ebay They have everything on there to do with my problem but the locks. .I have tried some of the Motobi sites but I will try those you have suggested Thanks for your quick response Regards

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    Are the importers in Barnsley not there anymore. These scooter firm is based in Austria 2010 onwards. Why can you not get a locksmith (apart from cost) to cut new keys from the barrel. They are mostly Chinese components so look to that country they usually have ref to the make and model that they fit

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyke11 View Post
    Hy sorry Im in Rotherham South Yorkshire. Yes Ive tried Ebay They have everything on there to do with my problem but the locks. .I have tried some of the Motobi sites but I will try those you have suggested Thanks for your quick response Regards
    Hy again Ive just tried Ped parts but no motobi on there at all I will try phoning later The other links are all to the home of Motobi in Barnesly and they are the dealers that closed down and are no more

Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #
    Then it's a case of trawling Europe for dealers and networking i.e. FB Motobi

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RobShed View Post
    Then it's a case of trawling Europe for dealers and networking i.e. FB Motobi
    Thanks that really fills my heart with gladness. Gone are the days when we could pick up a different part and "adapt it" Ive done that to many times to count . Thanks for your help . but Ive still got Pedparts to phone yet . Not open till 10 AM Regards

Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #
    Maybe benellioldman's suggestion to engage a locksmith is the best call IF you cannot source a lockset?

Member #
    A locksmit sounds like a sensible idea at present Do you know of one that does M/cycles?

Name
    Robin Shedden
    Member #

Sponsors