Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: unable to get to page

Name
    Per Kolbjørn Almaas
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ianh View Post
    same as wikingtnt, 899 thread.
    other strange thing happening, when i go to reply with a quote , it wont let me put a space between words....but fine with normal reply?

Same happened to me - but if you touch "enter" and get a new line , space is working - then delete and you can get back to using space from start
    pk

Name
    Mike
    Member #
    This bug is still active. This thread shows there are 12 posts across two pages but the link to page 2 takes you to page 1 again so you can only see the first 10 posts. I tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge to make sure it wasn't browser specific and they all behave the same. The other effect of this bug is if you aren't logged in the forum won't even show that the topic has two pages (either from the main discussion area page or from within the topic), it just shows the first 10 posts.

There is a work around however; if you open the topic and select threaded mode ('display' menu at the top right of the first post ) then the thread window shows all the posts and allows you to view them.

Another annoying issue I've noticed is some kind of window focus bug when using Chrome. When editing text (e.g. writing a reply) you can normally overwrite a word or sentence by simply selecting it with the mouse pointer and typing. This works as expected in Firefox and Edge but not in Chrome, nothing happens when you type. You can delete text after selecting it with the mouse pointer, but even at that point it won't allow you to type anything. If the text is selected via the keyboard (i.e. using shift and arrow keys) then you can overwrite as normal. This behavior seems specific the this forum, none of other forums I use show this issue.
    RobShed and Engenia like this.

Member #
    The page glitch is a very common issue on all Vbulletin base forums I use, the longer the thread the more likely it is to occur but it can randomly appear on any thread long or short. The only "cure" I've come accross is post to the thread. The magig number of new posts on the new unaccessible page is usually four posts after which it starts working normally. It's some sort of a synchronizing issue to which I have not been given a proper explanation by the service providers on any of the forums I mod or have modded.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddball Mat View Post
    The page glitch is a very common issue on all Vbulletin base forums I use, the longer the thread the more likely it is to occur but it can randomly appear on any thread long or short. The only "cure" I've come accross is post to the thread. The magig number of new posts on the new unaccessible page is usually four posts after which it starts working normally. It's some sort of a synchronizing issue to which I have not been given a proper explanation by the service providers on any of the forums I mod or have modded.
    You are correct. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the tool needed to correct the problem. I'll try to get that done ASAP, though.

Neil

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Fixed
    WERA689, mikerj and ron d like this.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 81
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K