Benelli Forum banner

650 tornado breather

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Canuck750 
#1 ·
I bought a tornado 650 which I'm halfway through restoring,there are two rubber pipes attached to the crankcase which are just bent and pointing down it doesn't look right to me,also there are outlets on each rocker cover,I assume they should be connected to something ?

#6 ·
The rubber breather hoses from the rocker cover and the crankcase breather are open ended. The rocker breathers are banded together back of the seat and then run parallel along the right side and through a clip on the tool tray, and finally through a rubber ring attached to the rear fender. open to the atmosphere. The two short crankcase hoses are open ended behind the side covers, no catch tank is in the parts manual and my bike did not have any catch tank when I bought it.

#7 ·
The engine breathers and the two from the rocker covers should go to a catch tank under the seat. Is there one fitted there?
If not let me know as I think I have a spare up in the garage loft.

Ian
I thought there should be a catch tank Ian,my bike came from USA,Canuck says his bike has no tank,is it possible there was a difference between European specs and North America ,I will gladly buy tank from you Ian,let me know cost,thanks.

#11 ·
I have 2 series 1 bikes. They have a large breather box mounted under the seat. I have been unable to find much documentation on these bikes. I was able to purchase a parts catalog printed by Cosmopolitan Motors, the original importer. There are currently some for sale on ebay. This is the same info on the website of the German parts suppliers, but in English.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.