Benelli Forum banner

Help ! None Starter !

997 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  owdgit 
#1 ·
I used my Tornado yesterday to come to work on and all was fine, tucked her in the garage as per usual, no probs. !

Got her out this morning to come to work, all kitted in my leathers, (God I Love Leather ! ahem ! :eek: ) erm, turned my alarm off, inserted the ignition key and "hey presto".............. Nothing, Now't, Zilch !:bawl: There was not an ounce of life in the clocks, the ignition, nothing ! I checked to make sure the "kill" switch was in the correct position and that was fine, the side lights would come on but nothing else. I checked the battery voltage and that's reading 12.75 volts, so I assume thats fine !

I have a Gemel/Meta alarm which I will find the destruction manual out for tonight and check any possible faults known with that.

Angus has mentioned a couple of things to test, relays, side stand switch etc, which I will do tonight ! But other than that, any ideas guys ?

Any help or suggestions would be welcome ! Normally I'd ask my mate Alan (he's family, married to my niece !) to have a look but my niece has started asking "whats wrong with the bike today", even when I pop round just for a social visit ! :doh:

aaaaah, the wonders of Italian bikes, don't you just Love them !

now then, did Rusty Russ say he was going to sell Honda's again !:rolleyes:

:rolling:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yep rob like I said earlier check gear (neutral) switch as well as if the bike thinks its in gear that will cause problem as mentioned . Seeing as alarms bleeping it to me puts that working as required.last thing before you stopped it would of been moving gear lever into neutral so hence why I said check that. Good luck
All ways at the end of phone.

#3 ·
Yep rob like I said earlier check gear (neutral) switch as well as if the bike thinks its in gear that will cause problem as mentioned . Seeing as alarms bleeping it to me puts that working as required.last thing before you stopped it would of been moving gear lever into neutral so hence why I said check that. Good luck
All ways at the end of phone.

So you're the one on the end of the 0898 phone numbers then ! ;)

p.s. Whats Neutral ? :rolleyes:

Cheers Angoose ! :bow:

:D

#5 ·
Thanks for the help guys.......... both of you ! :doh:

I've messed about with the relays making sure they are seated correctly and then I've messed about with the side stand/switch and now the bike is fine again, So I'm guessing it's the side stand switch, I've WD-40'd it and cleaned it up so hopefully all is now well ! :clap:

Party on ! :ele:

Hopefully now I can do a nice run to Swadlincote bike meet near Bridgnorth tomorrow evening now ! :)

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.