Benelli Forum banner

TNT 1130 project

8K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  pilgrim 
#1 ·
Hi
I would like to ask people here for their opinion about using the following parts instead of the original ones...:bow:
Where is the ? mark in front - not sure yet which exact make to use...

If you know about any better option for any part you see in the list below, please post it here.

Thank you

So, here is the list:

- complete Slipper Clutch replacement
- Hydraulic Clutch lever set
- Camshaft from Maniac Motors
- Forged pistons from Maniac Motors
- MWR racing air filter (off cours air flaps and all restrictions removed...)
- Lightech Complete Screw Kit (engine, fairing, frame)
- HPE Can
- Titanium pipes (smaller diameter for better torque)
- Ohlins front FG forks or Marzochi 50mm adjustable
- Ohlins rear TTX for 36 Super Sports
- ? Steering damper
- Precision steering head bearings Emil Schwarz
- ? Dymag carbon or carbon/magnesium or BST Carbon Fibre wheels
- Michelin Power Pure tyres (please bear in mind that I will be using bike in hot place, not UK...:D )
- Carbon ceramic brake discs
http://www.braketech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=95
- Brembo radial brakes
- Samco cooling hoses or Maniac Motors alloy hoses
- ? Fully Adjustable rear sets
- ? Front + Rear wheel stand mounts
- RENTHAL TWINWALL handlebar - dont know yet which exact model of bend...
- Foldable adjustable levers
- ? Grips, bar ends, fluids reservoirs,mirrors, indicators
- ?Chain + sprockets kit
- Carbon fibre everything possible for body - I would love to get nice complete carbon tank without that nasty plastics...
- Power Commander 5
- Shorai Battery
- Xenon Headlights - I have even found Bixenon headlight kit for TNT :D
- Custom made single seat probably made by company in UK - Sadlecraft
- Gear indicator built in dashboard
- Scottoiler E system
- Hel Titanium Brakes + Clutch Lines
- ? Quickshifter

See less See more
#4 ·
,Wow..quite a list you got there:clap:
On a personal ( if I might ) I would concider to start a project with that magnitude with a Sport Evo, you get the expensive parts like dampers and radial breaks for " free " and the lovely red frame as a bonus:ele:

As for the rest I agree:bow: , some of thee parts with a question mark:

Rearsets: Robby Moto -mostly because of the easy eccenter adjustments.
Grips, bling etc : Rizomas- plenty goodies in good quality
Chain sprockets : Maniac
Quickshifter : Dynojet together with pwc 5 - if possible, I've got it with pwc 3 from Maniac works great:D
Titanium downpipes : would concider wider diameter for better breathing, you'll have plenty torque left anyway.
Steering damper : Matris from Maniac
Brake lines : also Maniac- selfmade, clutch lines are made together with custom hydraulic clutch.
Carbon : as you would know already- Peter at Cabon.sk- havent seen a solid carbon tank yet but who knows if it can be maid:confused:
If you get the 50mm Marzochis I would concider wilbers prog springs as the origin are on the soft side.

All in all this looks like a awsome project:clap:

Btw- what sort of xenon lights have you discovered?

#5 ·
Hi WikingTNT
First of all, thanks for taking a time and writing down all that tips.:bow:

So, regarding that xenons, here is the link:
http://www.hidsrus.com/benelli-tnt-xenon-kits-lights-conversions-headlights-bulbs/

Just select the correct configuration :D

Regarding the colour, it's gonna be only 2 colours used together on whole bike and thats BLACK & GOLD. I hope I can make it :confused:
This colour combination is my personal favourite and I think its sexy, just like Nelli...

Pipes smaller, there is never enough torque for TNT:excited:

Also, I forgot to mention in the list that I want to get done some research about radiators and fans replacement. I think it will be necessary, mainly for 2 reasons:
1. Higher performance = temps will rise
2. Living in a place where is quite hot...

Will check that break lines from MM...

Regarding that Carbon from Slovakia. I have seen the Dave's Nelli in person with carbon on it and even he admitted that the built quality is not that great... Which, at that time saved me some hassle because I was planning to order carbon parts for around £2000+ from Carbon SK...
So, conclusion is, if possible, will try to find some different source... I know its nearly impossible, but HOPE is strong...

Regarding front forks, I have seen that 50mm Marz. on Dave's machine and it really looked sexy. Will see if I go with Ohlins or Marz., anyway thx for that tip with wilbers springs...

I cant wait when is everything done and I will go for a first ride with her with all this improvements in place :ele:
Probably will be pulled over by cozzies only because they want to have look closer and try to find out what kind of bike is it :rolling:

#6 · (Edited)
Regarding that Carbon from Slovakia. I have seen the Dave's Nelli in person with carbon on it and even he admitted that the built quality is not that great... Which, at that time saved me some hassle because I was planning to order carbon parts for around £2000+ from Carbon SK...
Some of the very early stuff from Carbon.sk was a little suspect but they have improved their production technique and quality checks greatly since then.

Dave was one of the first to obtain parts from Carbon.sk so these would have been supplied before the significant quality improvements

I have been running discounted Forum Group-buys from them for the past couple of years and I have had no problems with any of the parts supplied.

With regard to the Samco Sport Hoses, I have just received the very first set of hoses that they have produced for the TNT from them today and will be fitting them over the weekend.

I've never used the Scottiler E system but I can recommend the Pro-Oiler highly

#7 ·
Second that

I also bought the first generation carbon from Peter back in -07. I see a hugh improvement in regards to the later production ( from Lauries groupbuys :clap: ) , mostly in the outer finish.

A suggestion could be that you buy one of the cheaper items to see for yourself if it matches your standard. As you say yourself it's a struggle to find another source- Limberger has made some but they seem to take a rather " progressive " direction imho :rolleyes:

Like to see your " John Player edition " moving on:clap:

Cheers

#9 ·
Well, I have currently mounted Scottoiler E System on TNT 1130 and it does it job without any problem.
Regarding that weight, the whole thing weights around 600-700 grams mounted with filled reservoir...:D So, not really a big deal.

If I take the passenger footpegs off thats about half of the weight of this set I would say and if I change the passenger seat for cowl thats more weight saved than the whole set.

What I'm thinking about now is the Pro Oiler as recommended by Laurencewhite.
http://www.pro-oiler.net/
Will find out which if is better than Scottoiler E System...

#11 ·
Come on, you are big guy, you dont believe that Santa will bring it for you, or no? :rolling:

It will be most likely a courier, maybe with a christmas hat if you order it around christmas time :D

I think it should fit without any problem on R160...

But, if that Santa will REALLY come to you, then send him to me afterwards, because I was a good boy. This year I didnt kicked in any door or kicked off any mirror from cars driven by braindeads or teenagers which either want to race with their 1.2 corsa with tinted windows, loud music and loud exhaust or they are just simply dumb to look in their mirrors if someone is behind...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.