3 stalls in 1 minute why
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3 stalls in 1 minute why

Member #

3 stalls in 1 minute why

Bike stalled 3 times today and made a knock sound like cam chain locked up . Bike started ok after . Bike ride great over the rev range but just stalls on idle all the time . Have done all mods except drilled an extra hole in air box , I have soot on exhaust exhaust which means running rich . Would it be stepper.
    Can someone give me simple 123 on cleaning routine for stepper please

Name
    Terence Morton
    Member #
    Workington Cumbria right on the edge of the lake district

Pc111

[QUOTE=manxbenelli;132852]Bike stalled 3 times today and made a knock sound like cam chain locked up . Bike started ok after . Bike ride great over the rev range but just stalls on idle all the time . Have done all mods except drilled an extra hole in air box , I have soot on exhaust exhaust which means running rich . Would it be stepper.
    Can someone give me simple 123 on cleaning routine for stepper please[/QUOTE
    My tnt was doing this regularly until I had a PC111 fitted plus a hour on the rolling road. Haven't had a problem since. If you can't find an alternative solution, this might be the way to go!
    Tezza

Member #
    Manx
    You say you've done all the mods - Have you had anywork done to the engine map? Can't remember what year bike you have but the factory maps made the bikes run very rich a while back. (Not sure what the latest one is like)
    All the other mods will have helped a bit but probably not that much at low revs (ie tickover) and ultimately, there aint no substitute for getting someone clever to set up your Nellie.

Incidentally, you don't really need a PC111 coz the ECU is fully configurable. However, if you can't easily get to Barnsley (and I'm guessing you're on the island) then the PC111 route is possibly more practical (albeit it more expensive)

Sponsors