4 Rides, 4 stalls
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4 Rides, 4 stalls

Name
    Derek Clarkson
    Member #

4 Rides, 4 stalls

Hi all,

Ridden the TNT 4 times now and on each ride it's stalled/cut out. Seems to do it only once and only when costing to a stop or in a low rev situation. Each time I've simply hit the start and it's restarted fine. Usually it's around 15-20 mins in the ride when I'm in traffic.

Anyone experienced this ?

ciao
    Derek

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Yip, Happens quite a lot on my TRE.

It's almost as though the fuelling gets confused and shuts off the supply to the injectors. It always seems to happen when you throttle down quickly to come to a stop at traffic lights for instance.

I've had KJM check out the electrics and they couldn't find anything wrong. I was going to get them to increase the tick-over by 100/200 revs or so when it's next in for a service to see if that helps.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    JohnnyO raised my (Tre) idle to 1500, which has helped. It happens to mine every couple of months now.
    This has been the subject of a previous thread, and has been discussed at length, without a solution. Plenty of theories though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Derek Clarkson
    Member #
    Thanks guys,

Weird that it only seems to happen once each ride. Did it again on the way into work this morning. Must be an Italian thing

I was thinking about raising the idel a notch or two. Might give that a try.

ciao
    Derek

Member #
    My Tre is doing the same thing. There will be a factory tech at the demo rides at Ton Up in Phoenix this weekend and the owner is planning to drill him on it. Would be in their best interest to get mine sorted as I am leading the demo rides. I'll post what they say/do.

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Top man, Jetboy
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Terry Birkumshaw
    Member #
    1550 rpm idle speed cures the problem.
    also a mate rode my sport on sunday and said it stalled on him 3 times, but it has never stalled on me....... after watching him I realised that when he did a casual pull away (where he was only just rolling at lights or a junction) he wasn't nipping in the clutch and feeding it out again, on his k6 fazer it's no problem to let the bike roll in 1st gear on a tickover speed and then just open it up, but on the benelli it hates it, the engine just instantly stalls.
    The revs need to be kept above 1500.
    Good news is it fired up every time he stalled it without a hiccup
    terry
    Last edited by vtxbrit; 04-24-2007 at 03:01 PM.

Member #
    The tech first installed the 6033 map and set the TPS. It was actually worse on stalling but the midrange was much improved. Then he bumped the idle to 1200 and it was better but I still got some stalls. Bumped it to 1550 and that seems to be the final fix. Those Axone's are wonderful things.

Used my former beloved Fireblade, the 954 version, to lead the rides while he was tinkering with the Tre, the love is gone, I wanted the Tre back. Riding the LE version was an eye opener, more of a difference than I thouhgt there would be. The TNT Sport is also calling my name

Anyone looking for a Tre LE in the US, Ton Up has one for $20k, an '04 with about 500 miles.

dib

Member #
    yeah agree with VTX had a lot of stalling issues, all as described by you guys,raised the tickeover to about 1500 and it has helped

Member #
    yeap, also have the stalling issue every now and then on my TnT.
    It usually happens after riding my Hornet 600.

My riding style changes a little bit after that and i tend to run the TnT on first gear+low rpm right before stopping at traffic lights.
    The Nelli doesn't seem to like it at all and stalls...but starts back right away with no problem.

My recommendation is to rev the engine up properly a couple of second before each stop. Together with the idle increased to 1500rpm, the stalling should become very seldom.

Sponsors