TnT 125 - 135 Tornado - Page 3
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: TnT 125 - 135 Tornado

Member #
    to Pgtips:

Thanks for the link, interesting review... I was also considering a Chineese bike, but Iīm affraid of the reliability (donīt know actually, how long we gonna keep it)...

Than I discovered the Benelli TNT 125, which is I reckon the best option (mid price, hi tec, and sweet styling)..

to
    tommyguns01:

Sure Iīm gonna take it easy the first 1000km... As far as I know, you shouldnīt go over 80% of the throttle for this period..

The 135 is not much of my interest (so I donīt mind they donīt sell it here), as I donīt need more power. Iīm looking more into the consumption. Found on the Vietnameese web, that it will do around 55 - 60 km / liter (around 1,7-1,9 liter /100km) - sounds very good!

Itīs a pitty, that you ainīt have any experience on the wet, with the original tyres, as thatīs what Iīd really like to know - how it behaves on the wet or when fairly cold.. I found out, that the best tyres in this size are Bridgestone Battlax, but Iīd go for Pirellis anyway, as itīs my favourite brand and I was very happy with it on my Bandit (600), some years ago (before kids)

My wife will commute 5times/week around 150km per day - 750km in total (to work and back), and I expect her to ride it in various conditions..

I was trying to find any tests of the tyres, but itīs not that easy to find a lot of info about tyres at this size, as people usually use the small bikes and scooters only when bright and sunny days comes

Cheers for your replies anyway and if you have anything else to share, please do so - Iīm keen on info

P.S. My bike will be delivered next week on Tuesday - CANīT WAIT FOR IT

Bye, Jakub

Member #
    So did you get it on tuesday & what tyres did it come with ? Picking mine up on saturday !

Member #
    Hi,

well acutally I got it on Wednesday (yesterday), as there was a slight delay with the documents.. It came with the "Codrdial" tyres, donīt know what to think about it yet, as itīs too little experience and the tyres are so new to tell (I need to get rid of the initial shiny layer first)..

It came with just one kilometre on the clock, but now it has around 80km.. Iīm home with the kids and my wife works, so I canīt really ride it much, but Iīm really looking forward to some more mileage, as the bike really is quite fun!

I noticed it shows, that you go much faster than you actually do (passing the radars at 60km/h on the clock - shows acutal speed at around 52km/h) However, given the size of the bike the speed does give you a subjective sensation, that youīre riding faster than you really are..

I also have some very bad news, I have the feeling, that the front brake disk is "waved" - maybe wrong piece, maybe weak material, but I wasnīt breaking any hard and it happened some 20km after I took the bike from showroom..

Will see, maybe it will settle, but itīs something Iīll be paying attention to..

One more thing, that surprised me, was the guy telling me, that I should go for full power even after some 100km (rather than 1000km). Maybe to make sure itīs not lazy

Will give you update at the weekend (maybe youīll have yours one as well) - GOOD LUCK.

Jakub

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hello everyone ! I just ordered a tnt125 white too and received it today. Never drove it yet...

First new bike for me and I was surprised not having a manual with the warranty card ?

Member #
    I got my warranty card, but not the manual yet.. The guy said about 14days, as theīre workinī on the translaion.. Iīd like to know how to set up the watch

Member #
    Have you guys rode the bike at night? My one had the full beam pointing up to the treetops.. You could ride on the standard lights, but only slow speed on the country roads throught the woods

Once the full beam engaged, the meeting lights disengage and I saw literally nothing.. Only when in the standard mode you press the pass button, all lights shines.. However there is a black layer between where the lights point (which was in my case the road ahead)..

Before I went to sleep I found the button for adjustment. So I adjusted it down today and now Iīm waiting for the sunset.

Will update soon..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jacob82; 06-25-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: adding pics
    x_RedDog_x likes this.

Name
    Tom Luy
    Member #
    Lovely images of your bike.

Exactly the same as mine. I'm constantly rubbing a clean cloth over mine to keep it nice a clean every time I finished riding it.

One thing I did notice last night after riding it back to my home, the engine lost power when I wanted to pull away from a junction. I tried to start it up a couple of times and tried the throttle but died.

I pushed the bike off the road to look in to any issues but nothing that I could see.
    When I went for a re-start with the key turned off then on, the gauges cycled through then it powered back up with out any issues.
    Upon further investigation, I plugged in the OBD reader to the bike and the two following codes came up: P0073 and P0074 (Ambiant Air Temp High).

I reset the codes using the OBD reader and started the bike up as normal and no codes.

I'll keep an eye on this.

tommyguns01

PS - Love the 'RUMBLE' of the exhaust note
    Last edited by tommyguns01; 06-26-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Member #
    Hi again,

rode the bike last night with front light setting as low as possible and itīs quite ok now... However the meeting lights are now quite low as well

I still donīt see very well whatīs imidiatelly in front of me when in full beam, due to the meeting lights are off.. I really donīt understand why is it like that?

But now itīs at least possible to use the bike at nigth

Iīm really considering buying extra meeting lights..

Got over 230km on the clock and I already push with the gas at some stages. The bike tops at 115 km/h on the clock as it hits the limiter.. Need to confirm this, as itīs just first try and I need to compare it to GPS as well

I also have the impression, that the bike accelerates better when under 20°C (compared to when at over 30°C).

Cya

Name
    Tom Luy
    Member #
    Yeah, I think the heat from the engine, whiles it's running after a while, is possibly getting sucked back in to the air box (hence performance is effected).
    I'll probable look into trying to direct some air flow (cold air) somehow once I get a chance to gett a few parts together to modify.
    It's takes me back to a time when I used to own a Kawasaki ZXR 400 where there were two hose pipes mounted on the front of the bike and directing cold air to the air box.

Probably worth a try.

I'm also going to look in to see if using a higher octane fuel might better the performance.

tommyg

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob82 View Post
    Hi,

well acutally I got it on Wednesday (yesterday), as there was a slight delay with the documents.. It came with the "Codrdial" tyres, donīt know what to think about it yet, as itīs too little experience and the tyres are so new to tell (I need to get rid of the initial shiny layer first)..

It came with just one kilometre on the clock, but now it has around 80km.. Iīm home with the kids and my wife works, so I canīt really ride it much, but Iīm really looking forward to some more mileage, as the bike really is quite fun!

I noticed it shows, that you go much faster than you actually do (passing the radars at 60km/h on the clock - shows acutal speed at around 52km/h) However, given the size of the bike the speed does give you a subjective sensation, that youīre riding faster than you really are..

I also have some very bad news, I have the feeling, that the front brake disk is "waved" - maybe wrong piece, maybe weak material, but I wasnīt breaking any hard and it happened some 20km after I took the bike from showroom..

Will see, maybe it will settle, but itīs something Iīll be paying attention to..

One more thing, that surprised me, was the guy telling me, that I should go for full power even after some 100km (rather than 1000km). Maybe to make sure itīs not lazy

Will give you update at the weekend (maybe youīll have yours one as well) - GOOD LUCK.

Jakub

Picked mine up on saturday & rode it home, nice riding position & comfy seat/soaks the bumps up well, what a fun little bike already got 105 miles on now bombing around
    Mine came with the cordial tyres aswell & seem to grip pretty well in the dry but not tested in the wet,front brakes pretty keen but back brake seems a bit spongy compared to my big bike but will see if it beads in,
    The dealership had a red & black in stock (black one sold that morning) & so glad i went for the white with red frame as it looks stunning

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Sponsors