Benelli Forum banner

swapping to these new injectors

16K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  malonj 
#1 ·
how much of a job is it to swap out the injectors?

I'll be uploading some new maps into my R160 the boys just sent me and pretty soon ordering a new dry clutch basket, and was wondering it the new injectors are worth it?

I also have a mate with a 2008 Sport evo who is keen to fit a better map to his sport evo to get her running better so I might see if maniac has a map or map injector package for his earlier bike.

Is a injector swap just a removing the airbox type job or even more involved?

it the replacement injector offering a different spray pattern or something?

#2 ·
Nozzles swap

Hi.
Did this some year ago on my 1130 caferacer. Not difficult. Remove the gastank and airbox. Tool from toolbox to loose gasline from tank. Think I use a long 3mm umbrako key to loose the clams between the airbox and the injector. The stock nozzle have a 1 hole spray patton (I think) the replacement have 4 hole.

My bike somtime stall when cold with stock nozzles. Never did that after the upgrade. It is also mutch smoother on low rpm now. The 4 hole nozzles gives a little less fuel(2-3% ithink) Soo if your bike goes a little lean you mybe must remap it.

#3 ·
Nozzles

The nozzles I put in was a group buy on this forum some years ago google and see. The are from gm light truck(v8) 5,3l. I have now order a new set from dimarmotorsportsllc on ebay.30lb 315cc Benelli TNT 1130 12-Hole Fuel Injector Upgrade Brand New( 302423261173 )
This is a 12 hole pattern nozzle who is an upgrade (direct replacement) to the gm 5,3l light truck engine. I do not now how man hole it is in the maniac upgrade nozzles.

A friend of me is a mechanic on a stock Honda 1000 roadracing bike. In that bike I is 12 hole nozzles.

#16 ·
Nissen,

Have you had a chance to see how the new injectors from ebay stack up against the original 5.3l Flex adapters from the group buy?

dimarmotorsportsllc on ebay.30lb 315cc Benelli TNT 1130 12-Hole Fuel Injector Upgrade Brand New( 302423261173 )

The 12 Hole from dimarmotorsportsllc come with an adapter who fit between the adapter from the group buy adapter and the 12 Hole nozzle.
My be you can get one adapter to fit direct between the 12 hole nozzle and to the Benelli conection i not now.

#7 ·
Update,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have opted to go with the Bosch Injectors and MAP from Maniac Motors (Alex). They seem very knowledgeable and I know I'll be getting what I want. It's a little more $$ but I'm sure I would have spend that running the dyno and tuning at the shop.

They seem very helpful which is why I see they are so well spoken of on this forum.

I will update once everything is up and running in the spring.

#10 ·
New map and injectors are a marked improvement
Bike generally feels smoother across the entire range and bottom end is much smoother and noticeably stronger than before.
I rode my TNT then strait after rode our Trek which still has the original set up and the TNT is noticeably different now.
Have not had a change to check fuel mileage but would be very surprised if it’s not markedly better.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#14 ·
12 hole nozzles

Hi.
I have just drive a short trip. My ex girl borrow and drive it. She feel the same.
Mutch smoother on low rpm. almost no bad/rough vibration.(1000-4000rpm)
Same tork on higer rpm. I have not take it all out on the gear but i shal do soon.
Alex at Maniac map it some year ago after i swap from orginal one hole to 4 hole nozzles.(group buy her on the forum some years ago)
I will say It was a big improvment from orginal to 4 hole and same improvment when Alex map it and once again big improvment from 4 to 12 hole nozzles.

[h=3]30lb 315cc Benelli TNT 1130 12-Hole Fuel Injector Upgrade Brand New[/h]Alex say the 4hole gm flex fuel give a little less fuel
not remember exact think it was 6% less. The 12 holes is an direct upgrade for the 4 hole gm flex fuel.
To get the 12 hole to fit you must fit the adapter from the group buy 4 nozzles and the adapter who come with the 12 hole nozzle kit(that my be it is an adapter who is right in both ends i dont now. Engenia has mutch on his side about the 4 hole upgrade.) With the orginal nozzles the bike somtimes stall when it was cold and i go fast off the trottle. This has not happen after i swap nozzles. It is a tread on the forum about the 12 hole nozzles also.
A friend of me is a mecanic on an orginal Honda 1000R roadrace bike, i ask him to take a look and it had 12 hole nozzles.
Nils

#15 ·
Hi.
I have just drive a short trip. My ex girl borrow and drive it. She feel the same.
Mutch smoother on low rpm. almost no bad/rough vibration.(1000-4000rpm)
Same tork on higer rpm. I have not take it all out on the gear but i shal do soon.
Alex at Maniac map it some year ago after i swap from orginal one hole to 4 hole nozzles.(group buy her on the forum some years ago)
I will say It was a big improvment from orginal to 4 hole and same improvment when Alex map it and once again big improvment from 4 to 12 hole nozzles.

30lb 315cc Benelli TNT 1130 12-Hole Fuel Injector Upgrade Brand New

Alex say the 4hole gm flex fuel give a little less fuel
not remember exact think it was 6% less. The 12 holes is an direct upgrade for the 4 hole gm flex fuel.
To get the 12 hole to fit you must fit the adapter from the group buy 4 nozzles and the adapter who come with the 12 hole nozzle kit(that my be it is an adapter who is right in both ends i dont now. Engenia has mutch on his side about the 4 hole upgrade.) With the orginal nozzles the bike somtimes stall when it was cold and i go fast off the trottle. This has not happen after i swap nozzles. It is a tread on the forum about the 12 hole nozzles also.
A friend of me is a mecanic on an orginal Honda 1000R roadrace bike, i ask him to take a look and it had 12 hole nozzles.
Nils

Thanks a lot for the info!! so you suggest 12holes instead of 4holes right? I wrote u a pm :) thanks a lot

#17 ·
Yes i suggest 12 hole nozzles over the 4 hole. the 4 hole was a big upgrade from idle to 2000rpm but the 12 hole was again a big upgrade from idle to 4000rpm.
But read what i write about the adapters. Read also what Engenia write about adapter on his homeside. I end up use bouth the adapter from the 4 hole nozzle and the adapter who come with the 12 hole nozzles kit.
Nils

#18 ·
I read all but I don't understand why u're using both the adapters? I just bought the 12holes nozzles + adaptors kit from the Ebay link u shared before....should I buy some other adaptors as well? how to install them? sorry but I have limited mechanical knowledge

thank u for ur time :)

#19 ·
Hi
The adapter who come with the 12 Hole i buy 1 year ago fit in the nozzle but not in the benelli wiring. But when i took the 4 hole nozzle adapter and plug that in the Benelli wiring the 12 hole adapter fit in the 4 hole adapter. If you go in to Engenia homside and see under injectors it is a link to FiveO Motorsport
There is the picture of the adapter :
uscar to ev1 connector" or "ev1 to ev6 fuel injector Plug Adapter. this fit in the Benelli wiring(square side) and in the 4 hole nozzle(oval side).

If you then go to dimarmotorsportsllc
on ebay.

And look at the adapter in the picture you can see that the "women" side vil fit on the 12 hole nozzle but the male side will not fit in the Benelli wiring. But the male side vil fit in the "she side"
in the FiveO Motorsport adapter. Soo i ended up use both adapter. I swapt from 4 to 12 hole so i had the ev1 to ev6 already.

Mybe it is a adapter from the Benelli plug (ev1 ?)and direct to the 12 hole nozzle i dont now. You can ask dimarmotorsportsllc
on ebay.

Hope this clear out Best Nils[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

#21 ·
Hi
The adapter who come with the 12 Hole i buy 1 year ago fit in the nozzle but not in the benelli wiring. But when i took the 4 hole nozzle adapter and plug that in the Benelli wiring the 12 hole adapter fit in the 4 hole adapter. If you go in to Engenia homside and see under injectors it is a link to FiveO Motorsport
There is the picture of the adapter :
uscar to ev1 connector" or "ev1 to ev6 fuel injector Plug Adapter. this fit in the Benelli wiring(square side) and in the 4 hole nozzle(oval side).

If you then go to dimarmotorsportsllc
on ebay.

And look at the adapter in the picture you can see that the "women" side vil fit on the 12 hole nozzle but the male side will not fit in the Benelli wiring. But the male side vil fit in the "she side"
in the FiveO Motorsport adapter. Soo i ended up use both adapter. I swapt from 4 to 12 hole so i had the ev1 to ev6 already.

Mybe it is a adapter from the Benelli plug (ev1 ?)and direct to the 12 hole nozzle i dont now. You can ask dimarmotorsportsllc
on ebay.

Hope this clear out Best Nils[SUB][/SUB]

Ok thank u for the explanations! now I understand :)
I wrote to dimarmotorsportsllc and the answer was:

"Yes, these will fit the TNT 1130,
3 Injectors and 3 electrical connector adapters are included (no cutting necessary, plug and play)"

so let's cross fingers :)

thanks again for ur time

#22 ·
I've just received and fitted the Denso 12-hole injectors as supplied by dimarmotorsportsllc on eBay (shipped from the USA). Fitting was straightforward and they came with plug-and-play adaptors as promised. I took some photos of the existing injectors (black), which are a 4-hole item, and the new injectors (green). The stem of the new injectors reaches further into the engine than the previous ones, and if the holes are what make the spray of fuel, 12 little ones have to result in a finer, burnier mist than the 4 larger holes. I can only imagine what a single giant hole would do...

Comparison of 4 vs 12 holes: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8CvAbTdeJa7YKeEx5

Previous (black) vs new (green): https://photos.app.goo.gl/MtXJsLqGqxmdRziM8

After removal, before installation: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BEgmc6NNQkS8WHhe7

I'm curious as to what the black 4-hole injectors are. There's no recognisable brand on them.

I've got a DNA air filter to pop in, after the appropriate silicon application of the little rubber blanking stick for where the butterfly actuator cable used to go. Then I can throw the tank back on and see how it goes. The plan is to do all this stuff, then get it turned at a dyno, although I have a set of Tune ECU cables on the way from StingerWolf so I can do some of the simpler stuff, like resetting the TPS position.

Thanks for such a useful forum! T

#24 ·
please advise on how you got on with the 12 hole conversion as i now need to do something with my 2014 amazonas it runs very roughly below 4000 rpm, was there much re mapping to be done ??
Hi
Yes a new map is necessary to run the new injectors
Suggest you contact Alex at Maniac motors who can set you up with the whole deal
Don’t know anyone else who offers the same service I am sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
hi my 1130 amazonas is a 05/2014 model which alex from maniac motors tells me is a post euro 4 unit (athena ecu ) and cannot be flashed
i have very poor running below 4000rpm and some surging further up the rpm . has anyone got any information on how i can change the fueling on this bike. there is also no power commander made for this bike (2014)
any information you have will be gratefully recieved
thanks
ken

#30 ·
Web site is on on Serbian languange,there are no god translation on English or German.They are now only authorized service in Serbia since importer closed Import company a long time ago.

They have a lot of new original parts,here it is viber contact +381642962788 if you do not belive,ask for your self.

#32 ·
As you sad,it is a god thing to have a service that can help you.Imagine you have to drive your bike from Balcan to Maniacs or Benets for service,it is to far away.The good news is that the Ducati Serbia signed a contract as the new importer for Benelli in Serbia, we'll see how it will develop given that there is no importer in the Balkans until now, except in Hungary.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.