TNT woes
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TNT woes

Member #

TNT woes

Purchased my TNT899 as a non-runner. Having worked through the obvious, it appeared that the Walbro ECU was the culprit, so I purchased a tried and tested unit (thanks StingerWolf) and lo and behold, it ran (roughly) on 2 cylinders.
    A new coil stick later and it was running (roughly) on all three until it fouled a plug. With a clean plug fitted, it started and ran (roughly) on all three until it fouled another plug. This sequence was repeated a few more times.
    So, today we connected it to TuneECU and reset the TPS. It ran (cleanly) on all three (hurrah!), so we did a few "power" runs on the dyno to check the fuelling curve. On the 2nd run, it stuttered and then stopped - symptomatic of no fuel. Guess who had forgot to fill the tank before setting off
    Put some fuel in and went to start it - nothing. It was cranking over just fine (new, fully-charged battery fitted) but not firing. After a few more attempts, it coughed and spluttered as if it was fitted with carbs and the float bowls were re-filling. It eventually ran for a couple of seconds then died. Since then, it hasn't shown any interest in re-starting. Checked the plugs (OK) and checked them in the coils sticks, earthed individually, nothing - no sparks. Tried a new plug in each of the coils sticks - still no spark. To make matters worse, Tune ECU now won't connect to the Walbro ECU. I can't believe it has blown another ECU - anyone have any clue(s) as to what may the problem is?

Thanks

Garry.

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    I was going to suggest the you may have a sticking stepper motor until I read that you have no spark.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 81
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Name
    Damon Henricksen
    Member #
    Could it be the crank sensor? I was reading through a post here yesterday where someone just pulled it off and cleaned the connections then it fired straight away. Similar symptoms to yours

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Mike
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by damon90 View Post
    Could it be the crank sensor? I was reading through a post here yesterday where someone just pulled it off and cleaned the connections then it fired straight away. Similar symptoms to yours
    Possible, though it wouldn't prevent TuneEcu connecting.

OP I'd check all fuses and relays, does the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on?

Member #
    I was going to suggest the tip over sensor but I doubt that that would prevent Tune ECU from connecting either.
    The TnT service DVD is now on You Tube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLUiKULlIBo

Name
    Damon Henricksen
    Member #
    Not sure if applicable but I had to change the port from USB to com with tuneecu for it to connect, even though connected via USB.

GBo
    Member #
    I had to do the same with the port for the usb, just appears as a high port number.
    good luck with your problems.

Member #
    thanks for the replies guys - sorry for the delay in replying but just got back from vacation.

will have another play later this week - not sure that the fuel pump did self-prime after it ran out of fuel so fuses and relays to check first.

Member #
    fuel pump is priming and all fuses OK - not looking good...................

Name
    Andy Scholes
    Member #
    Have you tried the crank senor as I had a non start, non spark, no life ... simply unplug cleaned re connected and off she went !!!! this after I had stripped down, plugs and coils out, checked all fuses, check and cleaned all filters. Good luck and hope it is simple like mine was in the end. Andy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsors