finally easy neutral no longer myth! (899)
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pikachulala

Thread: finally easy neutral no longer myth! (899)

Member #

finally easy neutral no longer myth! (899)

I looove TNT 899, although lots of people keep commenting on my accousticly Italian rattled engine noise 😂. I really love this bike. The handling, the acceleration, the looks it is definitely eye candy!
    But one thing that it is really bothering me is the neutral. I can do it using rolling neutral but It is almost impossible to do it when stationary.
    I try almost everything, adjusting the cable, adjusting the clutch plate gap, changing the handle (to make it lighter to pull), but nothing works.It turns out to be the bottom pin on the mechanical lever it is very hard to adjust when using cable (899 doesn't have this bottom adjuster) so it is always from the top adjuster. And adjusting it too far makes the clutch lever hard and potential of increasing your clutch wear.
    I found this Evotech slave cylinder for TNT 899 and wondering whether this can help. One day I look at my local commerce there is one seller who sell magura HC1 hydraulic master and well might as well I buy it along with Evotech.
    So today I am installing it and it works..
    With hydraulic it is self adjusting the pin on top master and bottom slave. So it allows the pin to push more without making the lever harder (it is even 10-20% lighter than cable) .
    Now in this eternal traffic in Jakarta I can put my left hand in relax mode during high traffic and not making it numb..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails finally easy neutral no longer myth! (899)-img_20190831_145919_1567241095301.jpg   finally easy neutral no longer myth! (899)-img_20190831_145927_1567241125627.jpg  
    Emempee likes this.

Name
    Maurice Picart
    Member #
    Nice job, going to do the same on BN600i as the threads are stripped in the adjuster mount.

Sponsors