TNT Headlight issue - Page 2
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: TNT Headlight issue

GBo
    Member #
    On the tre k there are 2 relays one for high and one for low beam so i wouldn’t think it would be relays. There is one fuse feeds both and obviously the light switch. And it looks like a few connectors in the loom. Have you left a ground wire disconnected? I realise yours isn’t a tre k but should be similar.

the other possibility is the ecu it looks like the relays could get a feed from there
    Last edited by GBo; 09-17-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    On the tre k there are 2 relays one for high and one for low beam so i wouldn’t think it would be relays. There is one fuse feeds both and obviously the light switch. And it looks like a few connectors in the loom. Have you left a ground wire disconnected? I realise yours isn’t a tre k but should be similar.

the other possibility is the ecu it looks like the relays could get a feed from there
    GRo, you're right. The wiring for both models is very similar. I just hope it's not the ECU. I hooked up the computer to the bike yesterday, but got no faults. I don't even know if a fault within the ECU regarding the headlights would throw a fault code.

Member #
    I still dont have an answer to my original question. See the image. Anyone?
    TNT Headlight issue-wire-diagram-issue.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    I'm sorry I don't know where the alarm socket is positioned on the loom , but I've read that pin 1 to 2 need bridging as does 3 to 4 for the bike to start ect. ..
    There was a factory fitted plug that did this if an alarm wasn't fitted .
    A very wise man is Lawrence ... Give him a shout 🙂
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Mystery solved. Dumb me. The loom has two identical four prong connector sets running above the headlights, among other things. In the process of sorting the shorted turn signal diodes, I have accidentally plugged these back in in the wrong order. One goes to the headlight housing and one to the running mode selector button. I am not saying that this mistake would ever be repeated by any of you guys, but be aware, Benelli TNT has "wisely" installed two identical plugs, side by side, to run me almost to to find the problem. She is back on the road and better than ever.
    StingerWolf likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors