2012 TNT R160 runs rich
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2012 TNT R160 runs rich

Name
    Marc
    Member #

2012 TNT R160 runs rich

I have had this bike for several years now and I am finally getting around to actively working with it. I religiously keep it on a battery charger and start it periodically. I am in the U.S., so there is virtually NO support for this bike. My problem is this, while the bike starts, runs and moves, the mileage is absolutely terrible. My eyes and nose tell me it appears to be running rich. If the bike is capable of producing a check engine light, nothing is apparent. Is there an available diagnostic tool? I don't know if the proper map is loaded or not. There is an after market exhaust installed (there is an O2 sensor), which perhaps is playing havoc. Any input this forum can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. Marc

GBo
    Member #
    Have a look at tuneecu software to check settings load maps etc it is easy to use and cheap. Download the software (android) around 15$ or windows(free but unsupported) you will need a cable which you can get from Stingerwolf ,Lonelec or make your own. Read about it before you start using it as it is possible to wipe the Ecu if you aren’t careful. Then you would need a CO meter or could take the bike to a friendly mechanic.

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    You can order tuneecu cable kit from maniac motors, too. (He is using my cable kits) Alex also has tuneecu remote service so he can change settings for you if needed, he is speaking english. Send him an email [email protected] he has all needed parts for Benelli (new and used parts) and international shipping is no problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by StingerWolf; Today at 07:39 AM.

Sponsors