Benelli TNT 1130 Cafe Racer Owner - Page 4
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Benelli TNT 1130 Cafe Racer Owner

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zachary54 View Post
    Thank Laurence,

Luckily for majority of the time it was outside it was in between his house and garage so was quite sheltered. But the last year it was more exposed and never had a cover over it.

Dazz the video makes it look better than what it is haha! Lots of rusted bolts etc but nothing too bad. Once it's at my workshop and its firing ill be able to strip more away.

On another note, does anyone know how to figure out if the Z25 gear & shaft has been upgraded?

What it should look like , an upgraded z25 and shaft , thicker than the original fitment Benelli TNT 1130 Cafe Racer Owner-dscf0906-1-.jpgBenelli TNT 1130 Cafe Racer Owner-dscf0907-1-.jpg

Member #
    That's such a big help, thank you

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    What it should look like , an upgraded z25 and shaft , thicker than the original fitment
    It's not the thickness that is prime change. It's the "diameter". It's hard to measure the actual diameter because it has 25 teeth, but if you measure across the gear, over two teeth on one side to a single tooth on the other, you will find that the measurement is lower on the new gear. I'm sure I posted these measurements in the last few months, but I can't find them at present.

When the old gears heated up they grew together and the clearance became negative. It's this negative clearance that locked the engine and caused the "hot start fault". While running, the engine had enough torque to force the two gears apart, by bending the drive shaft. The starter motor didn't.
    The new gear has more clearance to the intermediate gear and when hot, still has positive clearance
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Jeroen
    Member #
    Hi
    I just buy a used century racer 2012,with only 2800km on it
    The old owner buy it new and don't drive much, butt have some issues
    I come from Netherlands butt live in Isla Margarita Venezuela
    Always warm weather here, minimal 32 Gr celcius

I buy the motor with very less km and have stay long in the garage
    I have off course some starting problems and I read here some tips to solve the problem
    First I have buy a new battery butt here in margarita is it very difficult to get one
    I have buy now the best I can buy here, a ytx14s butt it's 11ah
    I did also putt extra wire from the battery to the selenoid for more power to the starter
    Also a extra negative cable
    It's start now good

Because the bike is stay very long on driven the injectors are dirty and we clean it also
    Also I have to buy fork seals because they are both leaking
    Also a big issue is that my RPM gauge stay at 4000rpm with out running and have to repair this because I think the needle is turnover the pin
    Did someone have also this RPM issue

Because I live in Margarita Island Venezuela it's very very difficult to get spare parts
    I fly sometimes back to Netherland and I hope I can buy spare parts and bring it with me

I need also paddock centric bobbins for my paddock rear lift, what can I buy for it? Is see in my rear axle no tread and is 10 mm, so what solution did tnt owners use?
    I can repair a Lott my self and have the tnt workshop manual and can not find the century racer workshop manual butt from the tnt2009 is almost the same I think and have also the TRK 1130 manual for reference

There is also remove in the airbox the valve because I see only a loose cable, butt it drive good
    I have see also a open air filter
    Sparkplug are from type NGK CR7EKB and don't know off they are good enough?
    The exhaust are standard and have buy a extra standard exhaust and will modify this because I can not buy here on the island or at main land a sport exhaust and its difficult to ship to here and not possible to bring it with me in the airplane when I come back

It's realy a nice bike with some issues
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engenia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    What it should look like , an upgraded z25 and shaft , thicker than the original fitment
    It's not the thickness that is prime change. It's the "diameter". It's hard to measure the actual diameter because it has 25 teeth, but if you measure across the gear, over two teeth on one side to a single tooth on the other, you will find that the measurement is lower on the new gear. I'm sure I posted these measurements in the last few months, but I can't find them at present.

When the old gears heated up they grew together and the clearance became negative. It's this negative clearance that locked the engine and caused the "hot start fault". While running, the engine had enough torque to force the two gears apart, by bending the drive shaft. The starter motor didn't.
    The new gear has more clearance to the intermediate gear and when hot, still has positive clearance
    Brilliant thanks mate. I've learned so much today!

No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    So have you got any further with this Zachary?

here's to another trouble free year of Benelli riding

TNT 899 (2013)
    Tornado 900(sold)
    MV F4 1000 (2010)
    TNT 899s (sold)
    Tornado 1130 (sold)
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.(sold)

Member #
    Here it is when have positive clearence
    .Benelli TNT 1130 Cafe Racer Owner-img_5533.jpg

Original Z 25 gear have 0,04mm clearence,upgrade Z25 gear have 0,12 clearence.
    There is some other diference between Z25 gears,as Engenia sad, the crown of every tooth is a bit longer on the original gear.In machines terms the module of teeth is a bit diferent per diameter,small -than negative clearence and...

This cause hot start problem and bending the Z25 shaft.
    But there is one other problem with the Z25 shaft,not just bending and cracking problems.
    The Z25 shaft alsow have torsion deformation,we all saw that on old shafts,it became like a drill through the entire length .This deformation is caused by a few diferent factors,but that is some other thing.
    Last edited by ilijasrb; 03-16-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fredzedex View Post
    So have you got any further with this Zachary?

Wonder how he's getting on with bike?

No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil1400 View Post
    Wonder how he's getting on with bike?
    i reckon he’s given up.......

Fred

here's to another trouble free year of Benelli riding

TNT 899 (2013)
    Tornado 900(sold)