Tnt 125 (my17/18) obd2
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tnt 125 (my17/18) obd2

Member #

Tnt 125 (my17/18) obd2

Guys.
    I'm getting frustrated with my dealer here in Australia.
    Over a long time the bike has been throwing faults and misfiring but when the bike is switched off, they go away.
    They're saying they physically do not have the ability to read the faults. First excuse was they don't have a reader for the ECU. Second is that the bike has to be "on" and they need to read the fault "flash"pattern to log the fault. But they can't replicate when they have it.
    I'm being told via another forum that at point of sale I should have received a tool to connect to a reader, I didn't. The dealer clearly doesn't want to help, so I am trying to get some facts.

Q1. Can I buy something and diagnose these faults myself?
    Q2. Is the part about having to watch the fault pattern correct? (Like an old school Honda car ecu) on the dash?
    Q3. Does the ECU log the faults i.e. have I lost record of the ones that have come up so far?
    Q4. If it when I can diagnose the faults, and given the history of had with the local Benelli dealer, where else can I take this as the AU website for Benelli points my complaints straight back to them?!

Additional info. I've got my first ECU from them which they replaced after having the bike from September to December last year. During that time they replaced the fuel pump (which wasn't necessary I know now) - all current issues seem fuel related. Bogging idle, stalling, fluctuations in idle. Usually around the time I've filled up OR when it's on one bar of fuel left..

Cheers

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    You have a local dealer !? That's more than we have here at bottom end of Tasmania. We're pretty much on our own if problems need sorting. Actually, it sounds like you are too!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    You have a local dealer !? That's more than we have here at bottom end of Tasmania. We're pretty much on our own if problems need sorting. Actually, it sounds like you are too!
    Yes mate. It's a nightmare. Having spent the whole day online, it looks like the dealer shafted me the attached cable. That allows you to connect the athena to a reader. All the UK buyers got them at purchase, I didn't.

Hoping someone might know where to buy online??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTOZ View Post
    Yes mate. It's a nightmare. Having spent the whole day online, it looks like the dealer shafted me the attached cable. That allows you to connect the athena to a reader. All the UK buyers got them at purchase, I didn't.

Hoping someone might know where to buy online??
    I only bought mine last year, new from the dealer, however I did not get any additional hardware, especially a connector like the one in the photo.
    Jimmy B

Keep the rubber side down

Sponsors