Need help please
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rick67

Thread: Need help please

Member #
    I own a 2018 TNT 250 here in Costa Rica with a little less than 9000km on it and just now, on a short ride the bike died. Well technically it didnt actually die but the power cut out so I pulled over and without twisting the throttle it kept revving to about 6k then drop to 2k and rev again to 6k, etc. Every time the revs dropped the engine light comes on (lower left) and if I try to give it throttle it bugs and dies. After a few mins I was able to limp it back home at under 4k, over a couple of small hills and free wheeled down a long hill. I let it sit for about 10mins and tried again and it seems to have improved slightly. The nearest dealer is 5 hours away from where I live but there are a handful of mechanic shops 15km from here. I'm not all that savvy with engines and bloody clueless when it comes to injectors but i think it's a fuel problem rather than something broke....any advice/info will be greatly appreciated. I hate being a freeloader but I'm not versed enough with this forum to be offer much other than my opinion of this Benelli and riding on the Nicoya Peninsula
    Cheers
    Rob

Just tried starting the bike again and it starts but if I give it throttle it cuts out at 5k and bounces between 0k and 5k and if I let the throttle off it dies. I can start it and it idles right at 2k throttles fine until 5k
    Last edited by Limey Rob; 02-26-2020 at 03:24 PM.

GBo
    Member #
    Would be worth checking TPS first

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Could be a number of things..
    Intake Air leak, blocked fuel filter, stuck valves,
    Lack of compression due to overheating or no oil , bad spark plugs , fuel cap breather blocked,
    Could also be the ECU as I've seen a lot up for sale .hmm.
    Hopefully it's just as simple as a kink in the fuel line .
    Engenia likes this.

Sponsors