Coils & other stuff
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coils & other stuff

Name
    Daz
    Member #

Coils & other stuff

I've just been to take my Cafe Racer for it's ITV (roadworthy) test, on the way there it was running like a bag of [email protected], I put it down to not being used for a few months, once there it was getting progressively worse. Anyway it failed because it was to loud, it should be 92 decibels at 4750 rpm but it was 102 db's. It is totally standard apart from the airbox flaps being removed which I'll be refitting.

On the way home the "K" light came on, so I plugged it into tuneecu & it told me number two coil was open circuit or short circuit to ground. So I removed numbers 2 & 3 & swapped them round, the fault disappeared but the bike was still running quite bad, it's very lumpy.

While it was idling I noticed that occasionally it was blowing back through the throttle body on number one. So I swapped the coils between numbers one & three, the backfire then followed the coil to number three.

So, A few questions, where is the best place to get some coils? Could the faulty coils & missing airbox flaps cause it to be to loud? & any idea how i could quieten it down?

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    after looking through Errols site, thanks again Errol. The Beru ZS377 are listed as an alternative. I have found some but they say they are only for the 899, not the 1130.

https://www.oscaro.es/bobina-de-ence...ABEgJgx_D_BwE#

Edit: I think these are wrong as they have a 3 wire connection & mine only have two.
    Last edited by Dazz; 05-16-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Dazz ,My guess is one of the three wires is the ground wire , so it's possible an adapter or connection swap is needed. .. pretty decent price that !

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    Everything else I've come across is nearly double the price of those. Unfortunately I need something that will just drop in & work.

Name
    Jeroen
    Member #
    I have the Same problem with my coils and the same behavior
    i have also the standard Beru coils but with 2 wire connector and a separate earth wire to the valve cover.

I have Talk to Alex (maniacmotors Germany) and buy 3 new immitation coils with 2 wire connector and he say to me that it's not nessary to use the separate earth wire,and this give no issue with my Altena ECU he told me

i can not test it for now,because i am stuck in Holland and my bike is in Venezuela

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    Are these the ones Errol mentions on his website? If they are does anyone know if they have a website to buy from as I don;'t use eBay, it's a long & boring story

https://www.ebay.es/itm/3x-BENELLI-T...item3f19dd7a8e

Name
    Jeroen
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    Are these the ones Errol mentions on his website? If they are does anyone know if they have a website to buy from as I don;'t use eBay, it's a long & boring story

https://www.ebay.es/itm/3x-BENELLI-T...item3f19dd7a8e

Mine coils look the same as the link at Ebay,butt i buy from Maniac

Name
    ron daly
    Member #
    item No 271016884878. i used these off eBay ( set of 3 ) don't know if it helps

Name
    Richard Whalley
    Member #

Coils

I bought mine from Tech autos of London, work fine

Name
    Daz
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ron d View Post
    item No 271016884878. i used these off eBay ( set of 3 ) don't know if it helps
    Thanks Ron, those are the ones I linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I bought mine from Tech autos of London, work fine
    I emailed him a few days ago to buy some but had no reply, so I have had to buy some elsewhere now.

Also found a chap locally who is making me a DB killer to drop into the link pipe, so hopefully I should be sorted out by the end of this week.

Sponsors