USA Benelli 302S vs TNT300? Anyone ridden both? Compare and contrast?
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChopperChas

Thread: USA Benelli 302S vs TNT300? Anyone ridden both? Compare and contrast?

Name
    ChopperCharles
    Member #

USA Benelli 302S vs TNT300? Anyone ridden both? Compare and contrast?

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been looking at a TNT300 here in the States for quite a while. I test rode one last year, and I absolutely LOVED it. It fit me perfect and it was quite a fun machine. Ergonomically, it's exactly what I've been wanting in a bike. So I've been saving up and hoping that a leftover would pop up for a good discount... but after looking at SSR's Benelli site, I realized that the 302 that's out now has a LOT of upgrades over the TNT300. It's got a displacement bump from 282cc to 300cc, and 5 more horsepower. It has a longer shock, more ground clearance, more suspension travel, a different, lower seat, a 4.5" rear rim running a 160 rear tire instead of the 140 from the TNT300, and a LED projector headlight. And it only weighs 4 pounds more.

The downsides... well, I liked the look of the TNT300 more. I liked the analog tach, the flyscreen, and the fact that there was more color - headlight nacelle, radiator wings, and tail piece. On the 302S all of those are black.

But... if the bike is significantly better than the TNT300, I could overlook that easily I think. Does anyone have a comparison between the 282cc TNT300 and the 300cc 302S? Finding that on the Interwebs is pretty much impossible.

Thoughts?

ChopperCharles.
    agush78 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopperChas View Post
    Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been looking at a TNT300 here in the States for quite a while. I test rode one last year, and I absolutely LOVED it. It fit me perfect and it was quite a fun machine. Ergonomically, it's exactly what I've been wanting in a bike. So I've been saving up and hoping that a leftover would pop up for a good discount... but after looking at SSR's Benelli site, I realized that the 302 that's out now has a LOT of upgrades over the TNT300. It's got a displacement bump from 282cc to 300cc, and 5 more horsepower. It has a longer shock, more ground clearance, more suspension travel, a different, lower seat, a 4.5" rear rim running a 160 rear tire instead of the 140 from the TNT300, and a LED projector headlight. And it only weighs 4 pounds more.

The downsides... well, I liked the look of the TNT300 more. I liked the analog tach, the flyscreen, and the fact that there was more color - headlight nacelle, radiator wings, and tail piece. On the 302S all of those are black.

But... if the bike is significantly better than the TNT300, I could overlook that easily I think. Does anyone have a comparison between the 282cc TNT300 and the 300cc 302S? Finding that on the Interwebs is pretty much impossible.

Thoughts?

ChopperCharles.
    Hello sir ,
    I hope my opinion help for you,
    I heard from my freind the new release for tnt 302s are much improvent: fuel tank breath curculation, final gear sprocket, water pump mechanisme, firmware ecu (power up). In my country engine displasment are 250cc new tnt 249s, but the new speedometer got some lagging on rpm.
    I got old version 2015, i really love it, the bike very comportable for long ride. My record 1600km for touring around java island and it not giving tired on back & shoulder, just my knee cramped lol.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDA using Tapatalk

Member #
    Almost forget ignition coil had improvment on new release, have a good cover heat resistance. On old version the issue were short life time for ignition had cracked cover & weak seal water pump because dont have bearing, the new version got bearing on water pump

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDA using Tapatalk

Sponsors