Tnt 1130 problems, i need some help!
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tnt 1130 problems, i need some help!

Member #

Tnt 1130 problems, i need some help!

Hello! I'm New here, been reading lots of problems here with the bike and found some solutions from this site and hoping you guys can help me with this problems.. Just bought tnt 1130 year model -07. it was crashed from low speed and previous owner has been repair it allmost as new, and it's been 3years In the garage without driving.. I've had many bikes, but this is first benelli, and my first bike with injection so everything is little learning now. First when i got the bike the headlights and speedometer wasn't attached, and there was no battery, i attached them To the bike and got New battery, check all the liquids and it was ready To start.. Started few times and everything sounds like it should be but the engine is not running at all, replaced New plugs and still nothing... Trying to figure out what's the problem with the bike i found this site and some of the problems were solved, but there is still something To get the bike on the road again... The bike is running now, but very poorly, starts fine but the rpm is 1000 and can't turn throttle at all or the engine stops, and when the bike starts it's running 2-3minutes then stops, and gets little harder To start again when it's been running (must turn the idle screw from the left side of the bike)..could it be jammed stepper motor? First it wasn't moving at all, cleaned it and that's how the bike start running at the First place, now when the bike is running, i can't see any movement there, not even when tuning the key to switch power on the bike... That's the biggest problem with the bike.. There's no benelli service here in Finland so must learn everything by self 🙂 sorry my bad english.. 🙂 gotta find some place who can do something for the bike, it's been ride 12,000km and service light stays on the speedometer

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Sounds like it could be the stepper motor. If you stick your finger down the stepper hole do you feel the plunger moving when you turn on the ignition?
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Member #
    It doesn't move, feeling some vibration but not moving now.... When i cleaned it first time, i could see it moving up and down about 2cm now it's seems To be stuck again.... And the White plunger is little Brown at the one side, like it's been really warm...

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    The plunger is moving only up, not down at all.. now i tried to see how it works when the plunger is out from that sylinder, turned the key and plunger comes up, not moving down at all, turned power Off and not moving at all, tried again (without pushing the plunger down) the plunger goes up again and pops out the whole plunger!?

GBo
    Member #
    You should never run the stepper out of its housing. It moves out until it hits the housing end then moves back a little to its running position.
    Try stopping it moving out and turn on the ignition, it will move back in slightly after it has tried coming out. You might have to turn the plunger to line up the slots. Do this a few times until it is in far enough to fit in the housing.
    I bought a cheap stepper motor driver from China with a remote control for testing them.
    Engenia likes this.

GBo
    Member #
    I found my housing had distorted causing it to stick but freed it off using some wet and dry paper and a piece of rod nearly the same diameter

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    If your plunger/piston is seized in it's cylinder, DON'T attempt to twist it free as you remove it. You'll break the location tab that stops it from rotating.
    Pull it straight out, loosening it with carby cleaner if necessary.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Frode Hagemo
    Member #
    These stepper issues confuse me as well, my Amazonas starts easy but started to stall on low revs while dropping the throttle like to rich mixture.
    Thought i'd check the stepper as i just had read some treads about it and the symptoms were similar.
    There is no movements at all while turning the ignition on and of but the stepper works as intended moving up, but it doesn't move dovn, took it apart and everything is clean, tested the piston with ignition and moves free up but not down?

Then i checked the stepper on my donor Trek, and it behaves exactly like the one in the Amazonas, up but not down?

Currently using map 103 for the Trek, but will try map 401 just to see if there is any difference in behaviour, though i don't think that would change anything.
    Carbes are synced, but how do i check the o2 levels with TuneEcu?

Name
    Frode Hagemo
    Member #
    Even though the stepper confuses me i think i found the solution on my own problem.
    The TPS reset was set while the tickover were allmost all the way inn.
    So the TPS showed a high voltage when throtle is shut, this can probably compare with running a wehicle with the choke partly out.

GBo
    Member #
    Information about the correct setup is poor tickover should be 2 to 4% from dead closed. So set TPS zero at fully closed then open until you get 2to 4%. How do you know the stepper just moves up? It must move down first, but small amounts during running

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors