Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need the name and where they sell it

Name
    Rolf Wittwer
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    I suppose I could make another if my arm was twisted hard enough, but couldn't guarantee a perfect fit if your exhaust is different. I suppose I could un-bolt it and take photos of the components, and maybe do some drawings.
    Thanks for the pics and explanation Sprocket. It looks like a good thing. I will wander out to the shed to look at my Trek and consider doing the same, although I really have enough projects at the moment. Would you like to quote to make another one (seeing as how you can't travel far at the moment)? There is a risk of course that everyone will want one and you might find yourself making jigs and becoming the international supplier of Benelli Tre centre stands!

P.S. I don't have quite as much room on the right on account of my fat cat pipe but that is easily overcome.
    Last edited by Redbaron57; 09-09-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    G'day Rolf.

I've gotta get the Tre-K up on the bike lift some time soon to change the rear tyre. If I keep riding it like it is (almost bald) I'll get booked, so it's pretty much next on the 'to-do' list. I'll whip the stand assembly off while it's up there, take some photos and do some drawings.

It was a bit of a fiddle making the thing. Mainly because it took me a few days to figure out how to make it work. I was working out and modifying the design as I went. If I were do do another one it would be a lot quicker. Even so, there's still a good day's work in it. So if you have a welder and basic metal working skills you'd be better off doing it yourself rather than pay someone like me to do it.

I'd use a slightly larger diameter tube for the stand legs if I were to make another one. The legs on mine are actually ½" BSP galvanised water pipe, but they look a bit spindly (although it seems strong enough - you can sit on the bike while it's on the stand without it collapsing). It all started as an exercise to see if it was feasible so I just used scraps of steel pipe and bar that I had lying around, but in the end it worked out quite well. With labour and materials to do a proper job I reckon it would come out to around $800. The only bits I paid for on mine were the springs.

Cheers,
    Cam

Name
    Rolf Wittwer
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    G'day Rolf.

I'll whip the stand assembly off while it's up there, take some photos and do some drawings.
    So if you have a welder and basic metal working skills you'd be better off doing it yourself rather than pay someone like me to do it.
    Thanks for the reply Cam. I have the materials lying around. I can add it to my to do list and wait for a burst of enthusiasm. Could you please provide a picture showing how the stands clear on the left hand side when they are both up? Thanks, Rolf.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Seems like maniac.de are not shipping to my country (Indonesia). I almost bought it along with upper chain rubber guard. Any alternative that ship to Indonesia?

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachulala View Post
    Seems like maniac.de are not shipping to my country (Indonesia). I almost bought it along with upper chain rubber guard. Any alternative that ship to Indonesia?
    I could buy it and ship it over to you if you like. Postage from the U.K. to Indonesia will cost around £20 with delivery in around 7 days.
    ron d likes this.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors