Hydraulic Clutch Conversion for TnT
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NM-1

Thread: Hydraulic Clutch Conversion for TnT

Member #

Hydraulic Clutch Conversion for TnT

Just wondering if someone could tell me what difference a hydraulic clutch conversion made on their TnT? Is it worth it and do you get a lighter clutch pull?

I'm finding with age that the heavy clutch is becoming a real problem now when riding my TnT in traffic.

Mike
    The TnT service DVD is now on You Tube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLUiKULlIBo

Name
    Paul
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew124 View Post
    Just wondering if someone could tell me what difference a hydraulic clutch conversion made on their TnT? Is it worth it and do you get a lighter clutch pull?

I'm finding with age that the heavy clutch is becoming a real problem now when riding my TnT in traffic.

Mike
    I did not find it to be that much lighter in pull. Smoother and more consistent yes. However when I changed over to a Brembo Radial MC it was noticeable. And it improved getting into neutral ten fold. Even when at a stop. I went with the Evotech clutch MC btw.
    Distracted Rider likes this.
    2002 Benelli Tornado Tre LE No 112
    2007 Benelli Tornado Naked Tre 1130

Member #

Mike

I run one of my bikes with the hydraulic clutch, the others are still on cable.
    I do not notice any difference to be honest.
    Is the cable running smoothly through the outer, disconnect it and check its operation.
    I think Errol led the way on this , having had a cable break, and getting spares in Oz ain,t easy.
    Wyn broke one once and I let him have the spare I had.
    it is not a difficult conversion to do, the mechanical lever "pushes " about 6 mm to free the clutch, so it is not a great degree of throw to free the clutch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    That's a pity. I was hoping for a reduction in lever effort.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by NM-1 View Post
    I did not find it to be that much lighter in pull. Smoother and more consistent yes.
    I agree 100% with this statement. I also used the evotech unit.

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    That's a pity. I was hoping for a reduction in lever effort.
    You can play with the ratios in a hydraulic conversion, while the cable system is fixed. You'll trade off throw distance for lever force. The longer the throw, the more likely you'll find neutral at a standstill, but there is no point going for more than needed. Trouble is, you won't know how much you need until you've completed the conversion.
    Cables can bind as they wear as well, making it harder and harder to pull in without warning you that things are deteriorating. That can't happen with hydraulics.
    I just converted an RS that had an impossibly heavy clutch. I ended up with it much lighter and could find neutral. Win-win.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Member #
    Where's the best source for a conversion kit these days? It might be worth a try.

Member #
    Where's the best source for a conversion kit these days? It might be worth a try.
    https://www.maniac-parts.de/artikel.php?id=1174

https://www.maniac-parts.de/artikel.php?id=6178

Good Luck

Name
    Bikenstein
    Member #
    Agree with some of the above statements. Not the 899 but on the 600i, the clutch is unreasonably heavy and gets worse in heavy traffic after a long ride. Few months ago converted to hydraulic clutch using kit off aliexpress. The lever feels more consistent but with increased throw.

Downsides = Less feel on the biting point vs cable, but that resolves with frequent use. Only marginal reduction in lever pull effort 😞

Overall, recommended only if the kit is reliable. With stock, a falling cable gives no advance warnings which was one of the reasons to switch in my case.

Sponsors