Benelli Forum banner

Got my TNT sport at last.

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  dobbinuk 
#1 ·
Just got my brand new 1130 tnt sport on saturday and love it, i've done 200 miles on it and have fitted a Mivv exhaust + tail tidy + crash bungs and am wondering what other mods i can do to the bike?
I have read on the forum that some of you guys remove the Airbox flaps and fit a D+A air filter + wire the exhaust valve open- I do notice the valve opens at 4000 RPM whilst riding the bike which makes it a bit juddery as i'm running it in at about 4000 to 5000 RPM -Should i wire it open or remove it?

Also the fuel light comes on at 60 miles and i have read putting a Power commander on improves this-Would anyone recommend this?
1 last thing is-which power control is full power as i can't really feel a difference? Is it full power with button pressed in or out?

many thanks in advance :D :D

#2 ·
Get the flaps out and take the exhaust valve out, then decide if you want a power commander. you can remove the solinoid which operates all this without any fault codes comming up. These bike use heeeps of fuel, they just do, enjoy it, I have ridden a lot of bikes, this is the only one which floates my boat.

#3 ·
1 last thing is-which power control is full power as i can't really feel a difference? Is it full power with button pressed in or out?

many thanks in advance :D :D
"Full" power is with the button out, lit up. Pushed in is the "economy" mode.
I can't say that I can feel one is more powerful than the other, but they do feel "different".

My TNT is brand new also, so still breaking in. Possibly may feel more difference between the two maps once broken in and you can run the RPMs up higher.

Congrats on your new bike! I'm loving mine. 250 miles so far.

Russ

#4 ·
Cool Hellboy I Hope You Enjoy You Tnt As Much As I Have Mate.
I've Had Mine For 4 Years Now And 35,500km On Her And Have Removed The Exhaust Flaps Ans Valve Out, Disconnected The Solinoid, Put A Dna Air Fillter, Taken The Air Flaps Out And That About It..she Runs Sweet All The Time..
Cheers Madwog

#6 ·
#10 ·
I have run mine against an 08 R1 and 07 K1200R, top gear and third gear roll on's hey hey, the Nelli kept with them up to 200 kms in fact got half a bike lenghth ahead of both, we all had pipes and the K had the extra air filter thing done. When I rode their bikes I would have said they were faster but nelli kills them in bottom and mid all the way to 200, they can have the 200 + title, I like tight bends!!

#11 ·
Hi - if you do all this mods , I would for sure consider PCIII/Tuneboy/Motty to set the AFR .
I have Raceheaders+slip on , DNA , all the flaps out and had an 18:1 ratio on lower rpm and " all over the place " up to 9000 rpm.
18:1 is way to lean and can`t be good for the engine -for sure not while you running her in.

Seems to be quite a lot of new TNT`s out there now - keep em coming :clap: :clap:

#12 ·
Thanks for advice guys, bikes just had its first service so i'm going to get a PCIII over the winter and get it on my mate's Dyno to fine tune it as it seems to have a slight flat spot between 4500 and 6500 RPM - which could be down to it running lean. I'll keep everyone informed of my progress.:)

#13 ·
Just done 400 miles with the button off/light out and asked dealer about a bit of a rough patch at 5000 revs - he said with the button off this is where the engine is at its leanest.

One odd thing after about this many miles, bike has completely changed character and is smoother than ever. Have now played a bit up to 7500 revs with button on and the roll on mid range is certainly different and certainly feels like its fuelling differently.

Its just ace, apart from the fact the reason why I was at the dealers was there were two holes in the coolant tank.....

Anyway - just keeps getting better - definitely running better with more revs so i wouldn't recommend being too gentle. I think the reason its going better is that when it was test ridden somebody gace it the full beans, good for them - and me!!!

#16 ·
Well I'd no reason to doubt him as I wasn't complaining at the time - just having a chat!!

Seems to be a little more unpredictable at lower revs with the light on, as i found out at a roundabout at the weekend - nearly coughed me over (if that makes sense) so perhaps something to manage the fuelling might be on the shopping list...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.