brand new TRE LE
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brand new TRE LE

Member #

brand new TRE LE

I found a new TRE LE that is tempting me. Other than the obvious BLING difference, what are some of the tech differences from the standard TRE?

MYB

Member #

Feedback welcomed

New as in 2002, Any reasons to stay away from the 2002?
    Have some empathy guys, Im new to benelli as of last year.
    In the US you really have to want one as, the dealer support is minimal.
    MYB

Member #
    Well, apart from the obvious carbon parts (actualy everything plastic for Standard Tre is carbon in LE), you have a dry clutch and slightly more power, titanium can, marchesini wheels that make some difference, the battery is crought at lowest point instead of being placed under the pillion seat. Is a mono seater, there are some more things, yet it does't come to my mind now, oh yes, larger tank and different fixing, Öhlins front and back

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks, I have not had any troubles with my Standard TRE but I have heard a few guys moaning about certain things that have made me a little nervous.
    Does anyone know if there is a fuse that controls all the clocks? This LE apparently does not want anything to light up....but starts?
    Hoping it is a quick fix, I can't pass up this LE for something minor.
    Cheers,MYB

Member #

LE vs Normal

I have an LE and a normal and the LE is, in this mans humble opinion, a step above. Th obvious is the carbon bits. Added to that all the items metioned by my previous link mates. Then go further to add extra race exhaust and a suitcase with different sprockets and swingarm setups and a custom cover that fits like crotchless panties on a hot tottie. This, my friend, is heaven. And, on top of that, the note the triple screams out when started is nothing compared to the sound the first time you use her in anger. Amazing note! It doesn't get any better than this. Of course, thats only one mans opinion. Just oout of curiosity what LE # is it and whats the price?

Member #
    I have an LE as well. The clocks work fine. If they seem to be acting up I suggest you disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it to reset th electronics to default. This should clear up any instrument cluster issues. If the bikes been at a dealer for an length of time Im sure that a lot of people have been messing with the switch gear, and maybe even starting the bike occassionally to hear the beast, again while playing with any switches.

The LE definately has superior components and better/best of everything on the bike right out of the crate. The bad news is that replacement parts for the LE will be mich more expensive and much harder to find. Of course you could of course use standard Tornado items instead, as many parts may be interchangable.

I recommend having a standard Benelli as your every day ride and an LE to be a collectors item that is ridden only rarely on those perfect days for the heavenly experience of owning and ridng an ultra rare exotic. Let the standard bike get the workouts and the miles. Keep the LE for life as a prized jewel in your stable.

Just my thoughts on a cold winters night.....

Member #

Clocks are fixed!

Thanks Gents, Reset as recomended, took care of the problem.
    I think my decision is clear now.
    I m going to place my deposit and should take delivery in a week or two.
    I will be happy to disclose (boast) price, photos and other details once she is in my hands. Unfortunately, I will have to sell my Standard TRE to justify this but I still have my TNT to clock up miles and take the abuse I dont want to give the LE.
    Thanks again for the replies,
    MYB
    PS...... You can see my toys in the classifid section of the forum.
    Last edited by MelYelBenel; 03-01-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: photo direction

Sponsors