Benelli Forum banner

1st class service from Bennetts

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  blinkey501 
#1 ·
So just had 3000 mile service. All ok, just one leaking core plug replaced and slight coolant weep at pump, so will order a rebuilt kit sooner rather than later. Everything checked and all good. New exhaust mapped and upped the idle to suit. Alison kept in touch at all time. There is no way any other mechanics that would go to such lengths all for £200. I just can not see why you wouldn't use these guys. Weldone Bennetts, great job.

#3 ·
So just had 3000 mile service. All ok, just one leaking core plug replaced and slight coolant weep at pump, so will order a rebuilt kit sooner rather than later. Everything checked and all good. New exhaust mapped and upped the idle to suit. Alison kept in touch at all time. There is no way any other mechanics that would go to such lengths all for £200. I just can not see why you wouldn't use these guys. Weldone Bennetts, great job.��
That`s good to hear ;) - unfortunately no good dealers in Norway :bawl:. You mentioned leaking from pump - on several 1130 TnT`s this was a known problem due to uneven casting on the pump-housing , dont know if it`s the same issue on Tornado 1130 but I got a new one free from Benelli.

#4 ·
Starts from £200 ish providing you don't need any new parts or problems. But in all honesty sounds like they took the whole bike apart to check. Price includes oil/filter, coolant, etc. Even though I normally do that myself. Mine needed a new core plug, that was it really. Also Russ mapped the bike to suit new exhaust.

As for the water pump, I'm most probably going to buy the kit and do it myself. Bennetts rang back and said they can get me a new kit. I don't hold out any hope Benelli will replace it even though its a common problem. But easy fix and not serious.

#7 ·
Bennets did all the upgrades to my RS on two visits.

I stayed whilst they did the work, any problems they found they showed me before doing any more work. Ie core plug and the alternator drive bushes. Plus they showed me the comparisons on the Z25 which being a fitter I thought was great.

All dealers who service bikes should work this way, then there are no nasty surprises.

I would trust them with the crown jewels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.