Benelli Forum banner

Cutting fuel line.

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tonydoc 
#1 ·
What’s the best way or tool to use when cutting the fuel line to fit a quick connector. And also which way to fit it for easy on and off. Cheers 👍.

#2 ·
I used a fine-toothed hacksaw... worked ok.

You want the tank to be upstream of the valved part of the quick-release... (ask me how I know :doh:) It's usually the female part? Other than that you just need it to be somewhere you can reasonably get your mitts on it...

cheers,

Dom

#3 ·
I find that something sharp works best.

For plastic or rubber fuel or vacuum hose (including cloth braided type) I just use a big pair of scissors.
For steel braided brake hose, I use a 'parrot beak' type wire cutter.
For large diameter or heavy walled hose, a sharp knife or hacksaw.
If something can't be cut with any of the above, an angle grinder with cutting disk will make short work of it.
If you're using a hacksaw grinder to cut a hose with external steel braid, first wrap it with tape to hold the braid in place.

#5 ·
Do not cut the fuel line.

If you can get round it don’t cut the fuel line. What a total pain. Bearing in mind that l’am no good with spanner’s. l also found out that sometime in the past 13 years someone has broken the tabs of the fuel connection to the tank.So when I finally found the plastic tool that you use to disconnect the line it was useless :bawl::bawl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.